[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, how do I deal with anger towards people that have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1402954893074.jpg (41 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1402954893074.jpg
41 KB, 450x600
Hey /adv/, how do I deal with anger towards people that have wronged me in the past and how do I deal with conflict in the future?

Lately I have been plagued with rage over past incidents in which other people have criticized me, back stabbed me, mistreated me, etc. It can be stuff from years ago that some people would probably find petty. But I will just relive these incidents over and over in my head and feel the urge to murder the person who wronged me. I'll even punch myself in the head and pretend I'm punching them.

During the actual situations I usually pretend it doesn't bother me at all, but inside it makes my blood boil for a long time.

A little background about me: I tend to avoid conflict, I care a shit ton about what other people think of me, and I have a toxic reaction to rejection and embarrassment. I suspect I might have aspergers and probably other mental disorders. I had a shitty childhood. I've been a shut in NEET for the last year due to health problems and I feel that this rough chapter in my life has amplified this already big problem. I want to stop feeling this way because it makes me miserable and I'm afraid I might kill someone one day.

And yes, I'm going to seek therapy within the next week. I know I need it but looking for help in the meantime.
>>
>>17358010

I pretty much fit your description. First of all, start some physical activity. Something intense where you can channel your anger.

Learn some meditation. It really helps to heal your emotions. I did the Samatha( tibetan buddhism) or Zazen (zen buddhism). Don't like proselytizing. But meditation has been an important part in comping with the anger.

Popular mindful meditation will help you little, it is just a stress relieve.
>>
Why can't you just fucking get over shit like everyone else?

>I'll even punch myself in the head and pretend I'm punching them.
Jesus Christ. Yea do what the above anon said, but also get some real therapy too, because you're fucking killing yourself over this shit.
>>
File: twingo will attack.jpg (62 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
twingo will attack.jpg
62 KB, 449x600
meditation is a shitty meme and doesnt work

the only people who recommend it are already-calm affluent white fuccbois
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.