[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a gf who is way too good for me. She's 19, she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 31TSABL.jpg (386 KB, 1255x937) Image search: [Google]
31TSABL.jpg
386 KB, 1255x937
I got a gf who is way too good for me.

She's 19, she's studying in the same university as I am, although she studies economics and I study history. She has a lot of friends, a lot of guys wanting her, a rich family, all that stuff. She's very pretty, a great student, good at whatever she does, incredibly cool, great taste in music, and so on.

I'm 25, I have just started our classes because I dropped out before. I'm a friendless, ugly, socially awkward, pot-smoking, out-of-shape weirdo, and I'm also currently unemployed and living with my parents.

We've been together for like 6 months. I'm 100% sure that all of her friends and family think I'm a fucking loser, and I get passive-aggressive shit from them all the time. Even if she doesn't care about this stuff herself, it's starting to ruin our relationship because I'm always so afraid of going out with her friends, I've become obsessed with improving myself which means that we no longer spend so much time together, and I've become so insecure that my self-esteem and self-worth are slowly being destroyed.

I can absolutely picture everyone asking what she could possibly have seen on me, her friends laughing at me, her parents pressing her to break up with me and find someone better, etc.

What the fuck should I do? Everyone irl gives me retarded "be urself"-tier advice because they're socially obliged to be polite, so maybe /adv/ will give me the tough shit I need.
>>
>>17356508
Have you talked to her about it? If not, you should. Speak to her about how you feel.

Are you two happy together? Does she love you? If that's the case, why would you give a fuck about what others have to say? As long as you two are happy with each other it doesn't matter what people think.
>>
>>17356508
Friend of mine had a bf like you. You could smell from a mile away that he wasn't comfortable around us and really anxious. I don't know, you could just feel how insecure he was. Even if we didn't know him. It instantly devalued him.

Her new bf is also a druggie loser, but he's confortable around us. He's not talking more, or being nicer than her ex, he's just less occupied with himself in those situations, talks and listens to you. Much nicer to be around with.

Also, use that insecurity to get /fit/.
>>
>>17356547
This person is an idiot

Don't put up with her dumb ass friends + family. This will keep happening senpai. Normies are cruel cruel people.
>>
>>17356537

Do not talk to her about your feelings. Girls want a rock, not a whiny faggot.
>>
>>17356508
>She has a lot of friends, a lot of guys wanting her, a rich family, all that stuff. She's very pretty, a great student, good at whatever she does, incredibly cool, great taste in music, and so on.
>I'm a friendless, ugly, socially awkward, pot-smoking, out-of-shape weirdo, and I'm also currently unemployed and living with my parents.

So, what value, positive or negative do all those things have, what do they matter, if she is your girlfriend?
>>
When you start beating yourself up internally, remind yourself that you're banging a hot 19 year old.

When you catch shit from her family, think to yourself: "Yeah, well your daughter likes putting my cock in her mouth."

Get fit, and maybe smoke weed less often, if you're stoned all day.
>>
Seriously OP you need to fucking get over yourself. Be urself isn't retarded. It's actual advice because it means "be ur best self" not become more flawed over time. If she doesn't care about this stuff, why should you? Just own it. Her opinion is worth more than the shits giving you shit because trust me, people at the toppest of tiers are always looking for high-quality people to network with and they don't spend time kicking at people below them.

Passive-aggressive people: Don't fucking tolerate this shit. I don't mean blow up at them, but look them in the eye and calmly say "what's the matter?" If they back off even a little that's good enough, you can be friendly with them. If not, then say more shit like "I don't appreciate how you're [whatever they do.]" Just act like in your world, everyone treats each other like decent human beings and you won't stand for less.

Going out with people who you think are better than you: Stop seeing them as better than you. Fuck, if my gf hung out with jesus and a league of archangels, I wouldn't act differently around them. The only thing you need to think about when hanging out with people is: Are these people good to hang out with? There's no need to suck up to them or play into their hierarchy bullshit (if they're really cool they probably don't play the hierarchy bullshit either). She's your gf and you're beyond that ladder.
>>
>>17356508
You're being too hard on yourself. You're going to school and getting shit done. You're not the only unemployed person living with their parents. Shit happens and thats how the cookie crumbled. If your girls likes you for who you are and she makes you happy then thats all the approval you need. Its good to focus on improving yourself but dont leave your girl out of your life. Women like being wanted. Fuck what everyone else thinks. Its your relationship. Just work on yourself but let your girlfriend know that its best if you guys hang out together until your comfortable going around her friends. Just let her have her time with her friends and then have a day when its only you two. Dont beat yourself up man. Just ride the relationship out. Talk to her and let her know you're working on yourself for her. Not them.
>>
>She's too good for me

That's your first mistake. You're getting yourself in a self loathing mindset. Sure you may be broke and unemployed, but you're not going to be forever. You're back in college trying to improve yourself.As long as she knows you love her, and are trying in this world, there shouldn't be a problem.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.