[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career advice- left or right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: soldier-to-businessman_645x400.jpg (55 KB, 645x400) Image search: [Google]
soldier-to-businessman_645x400.jpg
55 KB, 645x400
Dear /adv/,
I've fucking had it with not making this long overdue decision. I've been studying linguistics, because I'm naturally really good with languages, but along the way of studying, I noticed that this is not leading me anywhere I want to and also the job and salary perspectives are subpar. I asked myself: What do you want to do with your life and I've come to see that I only want it go into one or the other direction. Firstly, one possibility is going to police/military, because I always had a fascination for this kind of work/lifestyle, I love sports and weaponry, also I am disciplined and sturdy/durable. On the other hand, I could apply for international business studies (I hope you get the idea, I'm german, so the original name is different), in which I could make use of my talent in languages and also that would give me awesome job and salary perspectives.
Now here's why I'm struggling: I'm pretty sure I would love to work in the police/military field, but I worry about absences from home, especially in the latter (if I'm going this way, I will apply to join the special forces respectively) and mostly, that my pay will be shit compared to the other way. The other way, in return, offers great pay, but only after I've got my masters after 5 more years of university AND most important, I'm afraid that as a business man, I could get unhappy because of hte missing action you get in police/military, in other words I fear it to be unfulfilling or even boring to me. What would /adv/ recommend me? I'm 21 and german btw. Any help is much appreciated, this is my last hurdle before taking my life in hand again. Thank you!
>>
Stay in shape, and finish your school. Unless your military has a good reserve program which would allow you to do schooling that they pay for while you're getting paid as well.

Then you can decide from there with a foot in each door.
>>
Addition: I'll be here for another half an hour, then I'll go out for dinner, but I'll be back later in the evening.
>>
>>17356458
If i get right what you mean, then yeah, the german military has that. You can go study while getting paid, but I believe that you have to sign up for 12 years of service as an officer or so...
>>
>>17356458
Also, by stay in school, do you mean finish what I'm currently into or change into business studies? I only worry that I might be too old when I'm finished with college to start over new. Thanks for the fast reply anyways!
>>
Ok, guys, gotta go out for dinner now. I'll be back later, hopefully to some new input. Thanks a lot and see you later!
>>
>>17356453
>finish Uni Business masters
>Join military love life (3-5 years)
>then decide what you wanna keep doing
>pro tip: money is irrelevant happiness in your life trumps all
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.