[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm honestly at the end of my rope here, so I guess I may
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1437091134601.gif (498 KB, 305x180) Image search: [Google]
1437091134601.gif
498 KB, 305x180
I'm honestly at the end of my rope here, so I guess I may as well try asking here.

A few years ago, I decided to get my shit together and stop being a NEET leeching off my parents. Unfortunately, I had no idea what to do, but I figured getting my GED would be a good start, so I took the test and passed it without too much trouble. It just so happened that the place I took my GED test at was a nearby vocational school, and desperate to get my shit together, I entered. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but I decided it was better than sitting on my ass all day. I graduated, but I wasn't able to get any real employment aside from one or two extremely short-lived temporary contract jobs (one of whom paid me in cash and had no real paperwork, so I have no means to prove that I ever actually worked for them). That was the end of it, and for a couple months, I was basically unemployed while sitting on a $10,000 debt, pretty much worse off than before. Every other interview I went to ended up producing no results.

Desperate to do whatever I could, I ended up getting a shitty job at a local supermarket. I'm making some money, but all things considered, it's clearly not gonna help me move outta my parents' house, especially considering the debt. I have no idea what to do or how to improve my situation. I'm job-searching every day, going through craigslist and whatever jobsite I can find, signed up to multiple job sites, basically just doing anything I can think of, but at the end of the day, I'm forced to realize that I really have no idea what to do. I have no prospects, no experience, no connections and the education I received was worthless. Am I just completely fucked?
>>
>>17355494
You are not completely fucked up because you are still living and you have where to go to sleep; Keep looking to a job, don't lose your way.
Maybe you want to do some extra cash, try getting some in the net.
>>
I agree with the other guy. "Your impending sense of doom is nothing but emotional residue - there is nothing wrong. Even when something is wrong. nothing is wrong. You deal with problems as they arise, no big deal."

Keep going OP, look for a job while working. If you can't do that just keep going you'll see a purpose or opportunity soon.
>>
>>17355537
>>17355558
I suppose. I dunno, I feel like I've been trying so hard to pull myself out of the stagnation I've been living under for so long, but I have nothing to really show for it.

I don't have any delusions about my situation, though.. I know this is all just the result of all the poor decisions I've made. But I just feel so hopeless all the time.
>>
What did you study at your vocational school?

For what it's worth, you could see about moving to a new area. Save up a bit and work forwards taking in a new surrounding.
>>
>>17355577
Medical billing/coding. Not exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, bupposedly, the business was supposed to "boom" or whatever. It never really worked out. I went through a bunch of interviews, but I guess I fucked up something fierce because none of them ever ended up working out. The school said they'd help me find employment, but they stopped doing that after a while. Eventually, I gave up on finding a job in that particular field and just went after whatever I could find. I'm currently working my ass off at a minimum wage job at a supermarket, bagging groceries, pushing carts, mopping floors.

I don't see myself moving out anytime soon. I can't even afford to spend any money on hobbies and interests.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.