[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ELE.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 344x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 344x428
It makes me so sad to see that so many people are actively thinking about suicide. Obviously everyone feels down and everyone has stuff to deal with, but so many people are at the end of their tether and it's really alarming. Let's band together and support eachother. Life doesn't have to be this hard, even finding one positive thing to focus on can completely change your life.
>>
>>17355379

the truth is most of them arent actually contemplating suicide.

people live in a very extreme world, and unless someone is threatening to kill themselves, no one will take them seriously, or at the very least, these people dont THINK anyone will take them seriously.

you're not valid unless you are the biggest and best at what you are doing, even depression.

most people arent actually suicidal. they are sad.
>>
>>17355386
The first part of your message may be true, but "you're not valid unless you are the biggest and best"? That is exactly the reason people continue to go to extremes. It isn't fair to say that, everyone is valid. People just need to stop ranking others on how sad or angry they are in comparison to someone else. Everyone who feels something is valid and should be acknowledged.
And although some people may just say they feel that way, they should still be treated how anyone else who actually is suicidal would be, because they still require guidance.
>>
>>17355409

>thats exactly the reason people continue to go to extremes
>it isn't fair to say that

thats what im saying. when i say 'you're not valid...' i am referencing the mindset of others, not what i believe the reality is or should be.
>>
>>17355418
Oh good.
>>
>>17355386
You are wrong. People definitely contemplate suicide - I did for quite a long time when I was young before I finally got help.

From how, to where and when, it was a serious consideration for me. Am I glad I didn't? Fuck yes. But that doesn't mean I wasn't on the edge and ready to jump. Depression seriously fucks with your mental state.

The best thing to do is convince depressed people to get professional help. I am not convinced I would have recovered without it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.