[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any poorfags on here? why are you poor. Why not work hard and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: arara.png (717 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arara.png
717 KB, 1920x1080
Any poorfags on here? why are you poor. Why not work hard and get wealthy? Are you just lazy or what?
>>
I was born into poverty. Most of the time I never had food in the house. Now I am working and I am successful, I learned that in order to get nice things and be successful I need to work my ass off.
>>
>>17355236
I am poor, my parents are upper middle class. Dad was too hard on me, mom was too soft. They split up and naturally I went with mom. She enables me and now it's been 3 years since I worked at my first and only shitty retail position.

At 26 and NEET, I doubt I'm meant for much in this world.
>>
>>17355269
how about you work harder
>>
>>17355312
ok thx 4 advice
>>
My family was always on the low end of lower middle class. It was enough to live mostly comfortably, but nowhere near enough to thrive on.

Right now, the place where I live is in the middle of nowhere, with the closest bus stop a good thirty minute walk away, and no vehicle of my own. I managed to get an A+ cert thanks to job corps, but the area I live in is all industrial, not technological, so it's just going to waste right now. Combine all that with a nearly crippling anxiety with applying for jobs, and I don't know if I'll ever get out of my rut.
>>
>>17355236

was / am depending on how you swing it. most people are poor cuz they're trying to move up in wealth, but not everyone can, so it sucks.

i started off doing minimum wage, but kept applying isntead of staying at a job until i was finally offered 10 bucks an hour. got the manager fired, was promotedi n a week, up to 13 an hour. had two bonuses, now up to 15 an hour.

thats sustained me for a while now, but to get more im kicking my roommate out of his room, and turning it to an airbnb. if i book two weeks out of the month i can pay my entire rent without dipping into my paycheck.

and i live in hollywood, so its easy.
>>
Because I'm not a Fucking loser toolbar scrub. All my needs are met, to a high standard, and I still have nice things and I more or less get what I want with almost no effort. Thanks for paying taxes though
>>
No good jobs where I live, no car, and not enough money to move.
>>
>>17355236
>why are you poor
One of my parents died
>why not work hard and get wealthy? Are you lazy or what?
Social anxiety, depression from parent's death and a shortage of mental healthcare where I live. Booking an appointment is expensive as fuck and if I managed to get one, I'd have to wait months just to have a 3-minute session with a therapist.
>>
>>17355236
I'm not really poor but i have 11 animals so i use most of my money on them
>>
>>17355236
I'm not really poor i just have 11 animals i spend most of my money on... But i'm doing just fine and my animals are doing great!
>>
I do work hard, when I work. But none of the things I like to do pay well and I don't want to spend most of my time doing shit I don't like to do. I may have to live a little frugally in some aspects of my life, but most of my time is my own and when I do treat myself (which I think is pretty often), I do it well.

So to answer your question, yeah, I guess I'm lazy.
>>
Like a retard I got a useless degree (Languages) and did no internships so yeah poor for life
>>
>Saved enough money during my college days that I don't feel pressured enough to seek a job. Could seriously live perfectly comfortable for two-three years doing nothing but know I would eventually get completely broke and miserable.
>Crippling anxiety to be judge for my body, my work, my personality, everything that entrails going to a job interview and being analyzed.
>Lack discipline when there isn't a certain goal in mind.
>Can't decide If I want to work in my country or abroad.
>Can't decide if I want to keep study for a Master or work.
>Can't decide which field within my degree I want to work for.

Honestly I'm just really fucking confused and using up my savings while waiting to get a hold of myself/my life.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.