[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm being harassed by my coworkers. Quit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I had to rewrite this because my phone crashed ;_;

I'm 20, and have been at this job for five months. The pay is good, I like it and want to use it to grow within the company.

I dated a coworker. We were the same age and have similar personalities, so we got on pretty well. But things just didn't work out. I was looking for something more serious and now I'm a bit heartbroken.

Working with him is not bad though. I try to not let it bother me. Anyway, I told one person and then word got around and this one girl (overweight, insecure, etc) took it and ran. She constantly says things out loud like how flirty he is, and how pretty his new girlfriend is (pretty sure she's making that up) but she knows it hurts me. She told another coworker (27 yrs) that I was checking out a guy she likes but doesn't like her back (and who, by the way, is my age lol). She believed it and now says out loud that I'm a cake face, whore, white bitch, etc. I am literally not interested in any relationships right now, I'm still reeling over this one.

I feel pretty fucking depressed as it is, and they're just getting pleasure out of kicking me when I'm down.

I'm no model, but they're just being jealous cunts and blaming me for their own physical insecurities. I'm also pretty sure they're getting their friends from outside of work to prank call me.

I brought this up to my boss and she changed the schedule so that I will work with them less, but I still will see them and share days with them due to us being understaffed.

Just tell me what to do. I can't deal with them anymore but I really like this job.
>>
bump?
>>
My dubious advice is to disengage and reflect on some insights of stoicism:

You can't control what other people do.
You can't control how other people feel.
You can't control how you feel.
You can only control what you do, so focus on that.

Then again, I'm a friendless robot, so this advice might be extra dubious.
>>
>>17355169
I'm going through a similar thing but I've handled it. Not sure if my way would work for you.

But I'm down to be your internet buddy OP if you want to vent and talk about shit
>>
Ignore her. She's a bitch and anybody else doing it is absolutely pathetic. They will move on eventually.
>>
Your boss has to do more than simple shift around the schedule. Bring it up with her again.

At the same time, you have to realise that you can't expect them to accommodate every single one of your wishes. The world doesn't revolve around you (no, I'm not saying that you're saying it does, I'm just reminding you). It's up to your boss to actually talk to them about the issue and try to mediate a solution, but ultimately, it'll come down to who's more valuable to the job
>>
She's fat. She is self conscious about this. Tell her she's looking great; like she lost a little weight. You don't even have to out and out call her fat to piss her off. She isn't going to stop if she's escalated this far, getting her to peak and get herself fired is the goal. If she's insecure you don't have to bite back much to drive her crazy.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.