[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm 21, living alone, and pretty much just working and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1466615756272.jpg (74 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1466615756272.jpg
74 KB, 900x675
So I'm 21, living alone, and pretty much just working and going to school. Have a few friends, but I haven't really made many new friends. I get along with some coworkers, hung out with a few, but we never really connected.

I'd say I'm happy living how I am, though I feel like I'm wasting my time. Haven't dated in 3 years, and basically spend my time playing vidya/tidying the house/hobbies (cooking/reading/cosplay/camping). I really enjoy just going out or doing unplanned things, but my friends don't swing that way, so often I go alone. Needless to say, I get lonely (not really ashamed about it, though I feel like I should be)

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but is there some sort of red flag I'm missing? Mainly with the whole not meeting people thing, is it normal to just be content being alone, semi-happily interacting with others on a shallow level?
>>
I have no answers, but I'd like to know how you managed to be living independently at 21. Or are your parents helping out?
>>
>>17355116
Parents helping out, my mom is gone for a few months so she's letting me stay in her condo for cheap, to watch it.

I could live totally alone but I'd be living paycheck-to-paycheck and I'm not about that
>>
Do you feel lonely OP? What you perceive as "normal" or not is entirely up to you.
>>
>>17355221
I do sometimes, but the solitude is nice as I'm very reflective. It just gets lonesome when, say, I make this huge meal and realize "Oh, this is only for me," or I camp and go "Man, I'd love a helping hand or for someone to experience this great place too."

I think I'm just overthinking at this point, I just start thinking there's a problem when I see my friends/coworkers often getting married, having fun with their SO, or hitting the bar to socialize (coworkers mainly, my friends don't do bars).
>>
Try tinder
>>
>>17355247
I feel you bruh, same problem here, wish I had some answers for us
>>
I was the same when I was 22. Living alone with a few friends, steady, good paying job. It eventually led me near to depression by the time I was 25. I thought I enjoyed solitude but eventually realized that I need more people around me that I can really connect with. My suggestion is to start looking for people that you can fully trust and people that will be there if the shit hits the fan in your life.

Since you think that you're not going anywhere, I would suggest that you start doing things that you really like. I know it sounds cheesy but once you lose yourself in the activities that you fully enjoy, you rarely start thinking that you've stalled in life.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.