[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to respond so that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1468451153971.png (274 KB, 571x425) Image search: [Google]
1468451153971.png
274 KB, 571x425
I can get him to agree to hang out in the future?

"Yo anon you free right now?"
>2 hours later
"Nah hanging with some of my friends"

What do
>>
>>17354930

Insufficient information.
>>
>>17354930

Show an interest in something he is interested in, learn ALL about it. If you are a woman or he's gay, combine that with being..sexual but not overly flirty, you have to keep control, you are the fisher, he's the fish. That's what lads like, being convinced they are making a conquest, when really the other person is allowing it to happen. If you are a fella and he's not gay, I don't know.
>>
>>17355042
>>17354970
He's a guy I know at the gym, we seem to be somewhere between acquaintances and friends, trying to get him to agree to do shit like hang out

Literally 0% gay, I actually am trying to build up a social life from basically scratch

Can't tell if his message is his way of brushing me off or if he is just being honest
>>
>>17355051

Sorry, you are going to have to run that by me again, It's 4am here and I'm drunk.

You are saying, you are a fella trying to establish a platonic non sexual relationship with another lad?
>>
>>17355062
>>17355062
Yeah

And its hard cause I can't read minds and I only see him at the gym and the semester hasn't even started yet
>>
>>17355074

O.K.

I'd say you shouldn't be focusing on one person and pining your hopes and fears about how people think of you on them.

The first thing I'd say is, go to the pub, drink and talk shite but that might not suit you or where you are from

The best thing to do is find like minded people with similar interests. Now, I know that can be difficult but if you can join a club, a team, go to classes, volunteer, teach etc. you'd be completely blown away by how, when people are put in similar circumstances, they reach out. They'll talk to you and think "oh, anon seems like an ok guy, I'll talk to him again" you build it little by little

buy you need to make that first big and say to yourself "I'm going to go into a group of people and talk to someone"
>>
>>17354930
When you ask someone if they're free without telling them why, it's like "hey, I'm going to ask you to do something for me".

If you were more clear about looking for an opportunity to be social and dude thought you were a good guy, he might have invited you to join him and his friends.
>>
>>17355186
I already message back "its all good, free later this week?"

Am I mcfucked?

Also I dont know how to ask to do something outright like you said without sounding demanding
>>
>>17355186
Also if any of this is cringey tell me now so that I learn from it and dont repeat it, its still only July and the semester doesn't start until late August and that's when I can't afford to fuck up

This is sort of like training I guess
>>
>>17355196
>Am I mcfucked?

Are you expecting me to be able to read this guy's mind? I can't. I don't know him.

>Also I dont know how to ask to do something outright like you said without sounding demanding

Really? Like "Hey dude, feel like going out and grabbing a bite?" That's sounds demanding to you? Holy shit you're a timid little mouse.

>>17355199
>Also if any of this is cringey

Just fucking say what it is you want. You're acting like you want him to commit to having free time for you so that you can ask him to do something like help you move your furniture or some shit and be all bitchy if he says no.

So yeah, if it were me, I'd probably explain: "I have a lot of free time until school starts. I'm looking to get out of the house and socialize".
>>
>>17355388
I'm extremely timid because I used to be an autist and I feel like when I'm not totally sure how to proceed its better to just do nothing

Also I've never gotten a response to my follow up asking if he's free later this week so should I message again or just ask in person when I see him again
>>
>>17355535
>I used to be an autist

How does that work? You used to be autistic but magically got better?

>should I message again

That's kind of up to you, isn't it? If you see him fairly often, sure, wait I guess. Otherwise if you want to clear up what you're actually asking him, send a text.

I think you're making to big a deal about this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.