[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is absurdly boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
Is life supposed to be this boring after college? I graduated and just started working two months ago, and the routine just feels so... Unfulfilling.
Go to work. Type shit all day and smile at bosses. Drive 20 minutes. Hit the gym. Go home, make dinner and read a book. Weekend is here. Go to a local show or get drunk. Bang random sloots/go on dates whenever possible and convenient.

The fuck is this shit? College was to be something exciting, 4 years built towards a purposeful goal: graduation. High school? Same shit.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>17354923

yes and no. most people expect life to settle down after college, but for a lot of people its not the case. the difference is that the fun takes a certain level of effort.

in college you are LIVING with thousands of others people who have nothing to do beyond school. you are forced to interact. its natural that a lot of fun things pop up and happen.

in real life, you work with people, so thats a start, but you are not required to see each other after work. considering you are working it doesnt leave much time to really bond.

PLUS a lot of those people are from much different home lives. some are married. some are way older. etc. in college you meet people with similar interests via majors and classes and such.

plus at work you will generally meet a LOT fewer people, and you will generally not get that much 'fresh meat'.

you are in a time in your life where you actually have the resources to do even more, but you have to actually put effort into doing it, especially with friends.
>>
>>17354957
>you have the resources to do more

Like?
>>
>>17355030

namely money and time. Now that may be universal, but considering you went to college, you should be able to afford goign out.

i know in college the only thing i could afford to do was eat at dennys once a week, and that was generally just the 4 dollar menu cuz unlimited pancakes.

but assuming you make reasonable wage, you can actually go out and do stuff.

you also have more time. in college i had very little time. school all day, then home work all day and night and even on the weekends. you found the time to have fun, but it was packed as fuck. god forbid you have extra curriculars or a job cuz that would jsut atke it all up.

but as an adult you work your eight hours a day, then go home, and you dont have to worry about homework on the weekends.

tbqh i find adult life easier than highschool even, so much fucking homework.
>>
>>17355060

and even if you cant afford extravagant things, theres still a lot to do.

dodgeballs like five dollars to play, a great afternoon. You can go to a bar and just drink waters all night, a dollar a glass considering tipping. you can go to anime parties, and nudist gatherings and go camping on long weekends, and do waht oyu want with your own space.

though perhaps we have different ideas of what fun is. what is fun for you OP?
>>
>>17354923
>4 years built towards a purposeful goal

Yeah, that goal is called "being able to take care of yourself" with the bonuses of having enough knowledge that you're capable of getting an interesting job and of being qualified to get a job that pay enough money that you can afford to do interesting things.

Your problem isn't that life is boring, it's that YOU are boring.
>>
>>17355102

my father used to say 'you're not bored, you're boring'.
>>
>>17354923
only boring people get bored.
>>
>College was to be something exciting, 4 years built towards a purposeful goal: graduation
You haven't set any new goals for yourself.
You clearly don't like your job, so make a goal to either get to a point in your company where you would like it, or find a new job that you'd enjoy.

There isn't a secret DING, YOU WIN! HERE'S ALL THE HAPPINESS AND SATISFACTION YOU WON! situation in life. Always looking forward for gratification is a guaranteed way to never experience it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.