[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gf is 28 with a master's in comp sci + a job at a university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1467478642466.png (484 KB, 574x516) Image search: [Google]
1467478642466.png
484 KB, 574x516
>gf is 28 with a master's in comp sci + a job at a university that pays wells
>I'm 22 with a bs in biology and have a job that pays around 30k a year
>my gf is constantly harassing me to go back to school, despite the fact I graduated in may
>she keeps telling me to go write to some professors at universities in my area ( there's a lot) to do research for them
>keep telling her I can't work for free and I already get up at 6 am to drop her off and then go to work and don't get home until 6 pm
>in addition she tells me that her 19 year old friend does research at an ivy (mind you he doesn't have a job and is rich as fuck)
>she seems to think that's an issue
>in addition she doesn't want me going back to school for mech engineering (which I learned I loved during my senior year of university)
>and I found a program that lets me do two years undergrad and one year in grad school
>she wants me to hop right onto grad school for an MS in biology

How can I tell her to stop with this grad school shit already? I've told her plenty of times I'm not going to grad school or taking the GRE/GMAT anytime soon (by which I mean this year). She's fucking driving me up a wall.
>>
Try something along the lines of "listen I love you and appreciate your concern for my future but I honestly have ZERO interest in doing that and I need you to respect my decision."
>>
If my significant other ever tried to control me, what I enjoy, or my plans for the future I'd tell her to learn some fucking respect.
>>
please tell me the program you found. I'm using my bachelors in biology to work at the post office. if my girlfriend told me to get a masters I'd set our apartment on fire
>>
>>17354637
you probably make more than I do

I took a fuck load of the courses already so that's why I'd only need to do two years. It's at NJIT.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.