[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
motivation and passion for favorite things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images-143.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-143.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
How do I regain my passion for my favorite things? Is it because I fapped to much that I lost passion and motivation? Even posters here on this sure seem more passionate and devoted than me. What do?
>>
>>17354575
Bump
>>
>>17354575
>How do I regain my passion for my favorite things?
The first thing you need to do is get treatment for your depression. If you can get that sorted out, everything else will fall in to place.
>>
>>17354658
it's depression?
>>
Pls hslp
>>
Ive felt the same way for the past 2 years, currently 18. help
>>
Pls
>>
>>17354575
>Is it because I fapped to much that I lost passion and motivation?
no, if that were the case I'd be a dynamo of passion and motivation because I hardly fap at all anymore.

I'd guess it's one of two things, or maybe both:
1-depression
2-your life isn't going in the direction you want it to and you don't know what to do about it

in either case, you should consider making some small-to-medium-sized changes in your life. you don't want to make big life decisions (like buying a house or getting engaged) if you are depressed. but maybe something like changing your sleep schedule a bit, or exercise schedule or something. or looking for a new apartment if you live in a shitty apartment. maybe going on a road trip somewhere. do something out of the ordinary.

maybe therapy would help. if you believe in a higher power, maybe you just need a new spiritual outlet, go to a different church or spend some time in nature or something.

whatever you do, don't let yourself stagnate. if you do that, then you will end up with depression whether you have it now or not. if you start actively trying to change things in your life for the better, sometimes it can shift your perspective enough that you can get back on track. and if not, then you still did something worthwhile for yourself.

just remember there's no benchmark for how passionate you have to be about things. nobody's keeping score of that except you. well, maybe some nosy relative is keeping track, but fuck their shit. what I mean is, the more you worry about not being passionate enough, the more you'll feel like you're too apathetic to even try, and before you know it, you've talked yourself into doing nothing.

if you spend a few months actively trying to get yourself out of the doldrums and you find it's not working, or you don't seem to be able to get started on it despite wanting to, then you should see a doctor because you probably have depression or some medical condition that is fucking your energy levels.
>>
>>17354575
>Is it because I fapped to much that I lost passion and motivation?

Yes
>>
>>17355552
I have been to church or the kingdom hall in ages.
>>17355597
Is it because it rewires the brain?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.