[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/, time for the old "friend one or friend two"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1448229433225.gif (436 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1448229433225.gif
436 KB, 500x338
hey /adv/, time for the old "friend one or friend two" question.

my birthday is coming up on the 23rd of july. i'm going to bring some friends up to the cabin, and i can only bring 3 because my car will only hold 4 people. two of them are for sure going, but the problem is i don't know who to invite 3rd. i've narrowed it down to 2 friends.

FRIEND 1: we've been friends for about 2 years and i've wanted to bring him to the cabin for a while. however, recently he has not been a very good friend. it seems like he mooches off of me and all of my friends, and i'm not sure if he even likes hanging out with us. there is another group of friends and we call them the crusties (not sure why) and my friends don't really like them, but friend 1 has started hanging out with them a lot, even though he used to say that the crusties pissed him off, too. now it just seems like he'd rather hang out with them than with us. he was at my place the other day and he was just like "yo is it cool if i go hang out with the crusties?" and i said it was bc he wasn't really talking to me and i'm pretty sure he was just texting the crusties in their group chat most of the time he was here. also he's really loud and gets really pissed while playing vidya, especially SSBM which we're really into or anything competitive, even fucking tony hawk pro skater for N64.

FRIEND 2: i've only been friends with him for a little less than a year. he's been a much better friend recently than friend 1. he invited me up to his cabin but i haven't gone. i've been to his place a bunch of times, and he's been to mine. he's usually down to hang out and he's a lot chiller than friend 1. don't know what else to say about him.

i feel bad no matter who i invite, because i know the other will feel bad that he didn't get to go. advice is appreciated
>>
You can't please everyone, OP. Friend numero dos for sure he sounds like a friend that will last, and as do memories, so choose wisely.
>>
Well you gave a super long rant about #1 and the only "negative" thing you had to say about #2 was that you haven't been friends as long. It sounds like you should invite #2
>>
>>17354540

not gonna bother reading their descriptions cuz it doesn't matter.

first and foremost, happy birthday. my birthday is july 24th but im celebrating the 23rd as well. not with a cabin in the woods, but yeah.

deep down you know who you want to bring, so just bring that person. he might not be able to go and you can invite the other without guilty anyway. but invite the person you want, nto the person that logic or culture dictates should go.

who do you want?

and if that doesnt ring true, then do the following

stand up, take three deep breaths. ask yourself out loud 'do i want (friend1) to come to the cabin instead of (friend2) ?'

if your body leans forward YES, you want friend 1. if your body leans back NO you want friend 2.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.