[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What investment is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 7.jpg (70 KB, 485x340) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
70 KB, 485x340
Hey, I'm a police officer full time and only have a limited amount of extra time but at the same time I'm looking on to take on an extra income venture (meaning I can't do both). So from a business perspective, out of the two options, what is the better investment in terms of time, money and return.

Option A) Working as a logistic and training manager for a small HVAC (Heating & AC) Company. A friend of mine who is a team leader there, offered me the job to work under him. My duties are primarily booking hotels, booking rental cars, recruiting and training new personnel, inventory etc. Pretty much all the logistics needed for field operations. The agents at the company do door to door sales for new furnaces and AC across the region. The company also offers government rebates and clean energy. My paycheck within this position will depend on the commission of the agents under us. If the agents don't sell very well, then not a lot of commission is made which affects my monthly paycheck. But if sales are consistent and good, then my paycheck will be great. In addition, the more people we recruit under the company and that actually sell, the more possible commission management makes. Lastly, another thing I am hesitant about taking this job is that my friend is immature for our age group (25) but has good business skills. Estimation of paycheck every month would be 1k minimum starting.

Option B) Start up local food delivery app. There is a demand in my area for delivered goods. Obviously an app would have to be created and drivers would have to be hired. I crunched some rough numbers and lets say we did 2 deliveries per hour for 12 hours of the day, we approximately made $255 in profit for 12 hours of the day. Yes, I would have to put money into this app but the return doesn't sound bad either.

Both options aren't a 100% guaranteed for a super great return but which option would be the better investment? Any business advice?
>>
>>17354208
Fuck cops fuck cops
>>
>>17354227
Grow up, don't get mad because a cop took your DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Option A, for sure. Attempting to start a successful business in your spare time while working full time at a day job would be a nightmare.
>>
>>17354337
This. You can half ass a lot in life, but a personal business is not one of them.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.