[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do virtually nothing all day but read and lift weights. Yes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: chris-hemsworth.jpg (304 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
chris-hemsworth.jpg
304 KB, 600x800
I do virtually nothing all day but read and lift weights. Yes, I work, but it's a security job where I also spend most of my time reading or listening to some podcast. My entire day plan is to push myself further, become a bit stronger and smarter, and desu I'm actually quite happy with the way I spend most of my time.

However, I feel like one of those existential crisis about having no purpose and no reason to live is about to hit me.

Because here's the thing: I like my job and it gives me all the comfort I need, which isn't much. I don't want to get richer or find a better job, so I have no ambition there. I'm not interested in getting married and having a family, so no romantic ambitions. I'm not very political, so I can't really put my energies on that either.

It occurred to me that I'm improving myself for fucking nothing. Most people seek self-improvement in order to become good enough for something, I'm doing it for the hell of it.

What do? I don't like the idea that I'm already living the life that I'll be living decades from now. I want some life goals, but I have none.
>>
i made a similar thread and no one answered: >>17353151

i don't know what i'm going to do. i thought i could live with getting a job and making money so i don't get into trouble until i die, but it seems like i can't. it's like i have to have a kid or a lady or something
>>
File: Tuxen...strand von skagen.jpg (195 KB, 1450x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tuxen...strand von skagen.jpg
195 KB, 1450x1000
>>17353191
Find something you really like to do and just get autistic at improving yourself constantly.

????

PROFIT
>>
>>17353235
i like maths and music but i'm bad at both. also i need make money from what i do, there isn't much money in either maths or music
>>
>>17353241
>there isn't much money in either maths or music

There sure as fuck is
>>
>>17353241
>there isn't much money in either maths or music
What's your education son? Do you honestly have no idea how much money there is to make in both of those fields?
>>
>>17353241
OP here, there is definitely money to be made in both of those fields.

Actually, I'm jealous of you. I think that if I had picked an instrument when I was young and became decent at it I'd just be practicing all day, and the potential gigs would relieve me of some of the anxiety I'm currently experiencing.
>>
>>17353241
>i like maths and music but i'm bad at both.
lol what? i dont know much about music but there is a ton of money in maths, you can go into banking for example.
>>
>>17353241

Work on your talents if you want to get profit from them, the opportunity is there if you commit.
>>
>>17353191
hi OP. Well, have you thought that you could, actually, start up something new?

Its not too late to start a hobby. How old are you?

Maybe some new sports? Maybe start reading something? Maybe start playing guitar?
>>
>>17353191

>everythings fine and i love my life
>but im worried i might have an existential crisis later

this is the first world problems of first world problems, jesus christ. you dont even have something to complain about so youare inventing a future break down.
>>
>>17353254
you can't make money from proving theorems and you can't make money making music if people don't like the music you make
>>17353258
majoring in math. but i think you're thinking like >>17353267 that doing banking is doing maths
>>17353266
i don't think i'm going to land any gigs because it's very likely that no one is going to like what i like doing
>>17353277
yeah.. maybe it's a thing of getting really good
>>
File: Aristotle_Altemps_Inv8575.jpg (2 MB, 1700x2275) Image search: [Google]
Aristotle_Altemps_Inv8575.jpg
2 MB, 1700x2275
Sounds like OP should read some philosophy on teleology.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.