[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else paranoid that no one actually likes you? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: gituqjonjt.jpg (20 KB, 568x440) Image search: [Google]
gituqjonjt.jpg
20 KB, 568x440
Anyone else paranoid that no one actually likes you?
How do you get over yourself?
>>
I try to be independent and get real sad every week or two. it's fine.
>>
>>17352865
Isn't that just part of being human?
>>
>>17352865
I just secretly resent anyone who's not immediately close to me and do what I want.

Everyone's got a good amount of superficiality to them, I don't blame them if they perceive me under a bad light, as I can be just as superficial. We're all idiots.
Moving on..
>>
>>17352865
I used to have the worst problem with this

Not sure your exact situation, but I fixed it by realising how damaging it was and forcing myself to just pretend that people did in fact like me and act as if I wasn't convinced that they were annoyed by my presence
I immediately made heaps of friends and they all frequently showed how much they loved me, which meant I pretty quickly stopped having to pretend, and haven't had the problem since

With confidence issues just pretend you're confident and you'll pretty quickly become actually confident
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468340800540.jpg (20 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468340800540.jpg
20 KB, 500x400
Try to be confident and have self-esteem while others are around you, people appreciate people with that kind of traits, being independent works out too.
Be kind to others and try to be interested in whatever the other person likes, people like persons that have genuine interest in them.
>>
>>17352865

not that they dont like me per se, but rather that i am the least important person in their lives.

>me: wanna hang out this week?
>them: Sure, whats up?
>me: Thinking we could do a movie night/game night/ go out to eat here / go do this thing
>them: that sounds great
>me: cool, I'm free any night this week
>them: yeha I'll let you know
>whole week goes by
>we've texted but they havent picked a night

feels to me like im there just for if they get absolutely bored. i dont think anyone does it on purpose but it makes me feel sad desu.
>>
>>17353345
Maybe you wanna set some specific day then you make sure they will know when it will happen.
>>
>>17353375

that is something ive transitioned into doing these last two weeks. I considered it good manners to let them pick a day, as i dont know their schedule, but when it comes to my best friends i tend to schedule them before things like sex, or random outings.

but they do seem to respond well to me picking a day. if they arent free that day, i can always suggest another.

now the problem is trying to /not/ let them flake, but well see.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.