[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there must be a word for this/to describe this kind of social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Person A really enjoys movie
Person B thinks movie is bad

>movie is bad by default because Person B thinks so
>Person B mocks/judges Person A for liking movie
>No person can like that movie possibly because it is "bad"
>Social situations become awkward because Person B mocks discussion of said movie, unknowing of who else likes it.
>>
Ghostbusters?
>>
>>17352845
Well person B is kind of a dick.

And person A probably has bad taste in movies.

Is this a hypothetical situation or do you really like Independence Day that much
>>
>>17352847
haha, it's hypothetical, i'm personally not involved but theres been heated debates between a really good friend of mine and a lesser friend who is in the same friend group and Person B is the lesser friend and i was just wondering what his traits are
>>
>>17352846
the new one is terrible i heard
>>
>>17352851
Is B new to the group? If so, this is not a good foot for him to start on.

Disagreeing is one thing, but mocking and being a dick in general is not a good look.
>>
>>17352859
I've known person b since i was about 8 and hes not new at all, just very opinionated i think.
>>
>>17352862
There's a pretty huge difference between being opinionated and being a dick about your opinions. Sounds like low self-worth and a need to belittle others to make himself feel big or important.
>>
>>17352891
I might just bring that up next time because he's even beginning to annoy me with his prejudice movies/directors. but i thought their might be a certain word to describe this kind of circumstance
>>
>>17352896
Nah don't bring it up. His internal struggles are none of your concern as a man.

When he does it, just let him know that he's being annoying - you don't even really need to say it.

If it really gets so bad that you can't take it anymore, just stop hanging out with him if he's such a debbie-downer.

>i thought their might be a certain word to describe this kind of circumstance
There is, he's annoying.
>>
>>17352905
righto, i guess your right
>>
i forgot to mention that when person b states the movie is bad, some other people may like it without saying but feel pressured to agree with person b for acceptance, aka. bitches
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.