[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure how to feel about something my girlfriend did today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download (8).jpg (7 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
7 KB, 283x178
Not sure how to feel about something my girlfriend did today.

She pulled a gun on someone. It was pretty justified, it was dark and he was hassling us, got kinda edgy and grabbed her left forearm, she told him to let go, and tried to pull away, and before I could actually get a hold of the guy, she tells me to shut up and get back, sure enough, she has a pistol out.

I'm weirded out that she never told me she owned a gun for self defense?

Background: we've been together 6 years, we're engaged. We've been living together in an apartment for about a year, but lived near each other in the dorms before that. She is outdoorsy and shot competitively (rifle) in college, and hunts somewhat regularly. So I don't have a problem with her having a handgun, nor is is super unexpected. But I can't believe she didn't tell me about it when she got it? She is usually really excited to show me new shotguns/other equipment, even though I don't really know much about them. We also are really open/honest, she's usually honest to a fault really. I haven't really talked to her about it except to say it was badass and hot (true), and to ask where the fuck she was keeping it since she isn't the purse type (she has sewn a holster for it inside her favorite coat fucking apparently, she even put nylon straps UNDER the liner so it doesn't pull on her coat, wtf).

I just don't know how to feel about it. Why didn't she tell me? Should I be mad? Idfk.
>>
>>17352570
you should leave her she didn´t tell you about the gun and that´s a major trust issue.

pepper spray is ok, so is tazer but do you really wanna hang around with a person that can commit a murder anytime she wants to? she already pulled a gun on random stranger and cant be reasoned with.
get her a shrink or get out
>>
>>17352578
idk man, a crazy guy grabbed her and was threatening her. You can commit murder with a kitchen knife, anyone can do it any time.

lol I am a shrink, I know I'm close to the situation but she seems fine.

I guess I'm kinda worried she's afraid of me and that's why she didn't say anything? I've never hit her or even really said anything mean to her, I'm a really level guy (see: shrink).
>>
>>17352570
What's the surprise here? She's clearly no stranger around firearms and she was using one in a situation that could have turned messy.

I guess the best step would be to talk about her carrying. She seems like she's mature enough for it, but it's reasonable for you to be surprised by her suddenly pulling a piece out.

That being said, she was trying to protect you. I think that's the most important bit here.
>>
Get over your ego, idiot.
>>
She overshares EVERYTHING.

New socks? Better feel each pair and comment on them.

Gets the stains out of her fucking menstrual cup? "Check this shit out babe!"

And yes, new shotgun? "Lets go shoot some trap!"

I don't think she had it when we lived in the dorms, because she talked about agreeing with the no-guns policy but still being a little uncomfortable since shes "tiny and has a babyface."
>>
Hobos try to grab, startle, insult and yell at everyone even here in Canada.

It's not hard to ignore them or defuse a situation. I don't really understand why she had to threaten someone who is just another delusional idiot

She probably didn't tell you because she's obsessed with guns to look empowered, but didn't want to talk about the one she carries because of her weaknesses and fear.
>>
>>17352578
Gun-cowardice isn't a good reason to break up with someone.

Who knows? Perhaps she had the gun before they even met.
>>
>>17352570
you fucking pussy. she saved both your asses so you should be kissing hers. What the fuck has happened to men?
>>
Fear.

I don't know if she's afraid of you like you say, but she might be afraid that since you said you don't know much about guns and her hobbies, that you'd be uncomfortable with her having it all the time.

I also don't think it is an overreaction. Sometimes pulling a gun can escalate things and make shit worse, but by the sound of it, and since this is the first time she's done it in front of you, she's not a total gun-waving idiot.

I don't think it's strange for a "tiny" woman to feel threatened by someone grabbing her. You didn't say she shot the guy so...seems like she did the appropriate thing: got him off of her quickly before he could hurt her (since there is no way to know if he would have, even if it is unlikely), and didn't hurt him.

Cat's out of the bag so if you don't freak out about it, it'll all be cool. Tell her your were surprised and see what she says.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.