[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to claw my way out of a descent into despair...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1396896846888.jpg (92 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1396896846888.jpg
92 KB, 400x300
...that is rapidly turning into dull sorrow and apathy? I don't feel like I've had even a year of smooth sailing in my life since I was a kid.

I was abused by a stepsibling, bullied all through school, watched a grandparent die over a year in hospital and had to be the 'man' at 12, and my mother was chronically ill and still is to this day requiring as much physical care as emotional support. If this wasn't enough, I had an accident that has fucked my own health to the point I can't work but still seem more or less okay to the casual observer, which means it's a constant fight to correct assumptions that I'm a feckless NEET.

Thing is, just as things started to improve, they took a turn for the worse. Over the last decade; My remaining grandparent I'm in contact with has had two brain tumors, one removed, one irradiated into remission (or the equivalent) while still existing and requiring observation. My mother grew worse, becoming bedridden, and only recently has been able to even sit up for any length of time, and developed major separation anxiety from her family after a year of literal screaming panic attacks daily before her meds were sorted. This was all capped by, around Xmas time, everyone catching fucking swine flu of all things and me (being sick myself) having to tough it out while they were in hospital, taking care of bills, my sibling, and visiting.

Just as things start to calm down... my dad has a major heart attack, with risk of more, and refuses to curb his drinking and goes straight back to a stressful job, AND my stepfather who has had a smokers cough for around a year is being called in for blood tests and a chest scan, and my own health is dipping after a couple of years raise likely due to stress.

I'm utterly exhausted. And I feel despair and worry, but what scares me is how I'm starting to operate as 'standard'. I'm constantly waiting for 'what comes next' and yet, also find myself strangely numb to much of it, and feel guilty.
>>
>>17351823

To finish, I just don't know how to handle all this. I can't process it, and have had bad experiences with professional help. I feel like the main character is a particularly nasty drama/soap. Worse, personally, I've always taken pride in not having an addictive personality - but I'm finding that with each new crisis, I'm wanting a drink to take the edge off, and I know enough to see that as a sign of potential trouble.

What the fuck do?
>>
Walk to a forest or some place deserted and scream. Scream so much that you feel exhausted and then take a nice long walk back to your place thinking of this idea. The world is large and the universe is even larger. Things come and go but nothing will remain forever. Yes the present looks miserable and bad now but who is to say that tomorrow isn't better? You are the painting, you are the paintbrush. you are the canvas.
You are the question, you are the answer to the question you are looking for. You are everything, WE are everything. We are sentiens, we are consciousness, the most sublime, miraculous thing in the universe, So you better having a good time and authoring your faith. No matter what happens to you or what you feel is the world coming down on you, it will pass and you are my friend are amazing. Keep your head up high, grind through and I am sure happy joys will follow.

Sorry but I am high as fuck right now my post is probably everywhere.
>>
Well give yourself credit for helping others in your family. As to the worry, that is probably natural but still it's best to forget the future in regards to these things on your plate. Just stick to this moment and take one act at a time, do one thing. Then give yourself credit for it. We often can't control things that happen, or people, but we can manage our own attitude. Think a positive thought, like you're a good son or grandson. Exercise also can help your state of mind even if it's just a short walk. Hope this helps you some anon.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.