[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /adv/ I am an adult in my mid-thirties, and I love cuddling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: ADORABLE FOX.jpg (127 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ADORABLE FOX.jpg
127 KB, 1000x1000
Dear /adv/

I am an adult in my mid-thirties, and I love cuddling with stuffed animals/plush toys. It is not a sexual thing, I just find them comforting.

I have a pretty good life - awesome job, financially stable, own my own house, happily married, sexually active, fit.

But I think part of the reason I am doing so well is because my childhood was a hellhole abyss of shittiness, with slightly less shitty stints in foster care.I was super driven to become a functional, successful person to get away from it. I never really had my toys as a kid, and I carried my belongings around ina suitcase. So plush toys were a relative novelty to me, and I think as an adult I was kinda fascinated by them. I remember being 19 and seeing the easter displays in the stores with the candy colored bunnies, and I wondered what it would be like to hold one.

As grateful as I am for the life I have now, sometimes when I am under a lot of stress, I just want to curl up with a teddy bear and cry. A close friend of mine died recently, and this is how I have been dealing with it.

I feel super ashamed. It seems like such a childish thing to do. On the other hand, having a few plush toys around really seems to help.

Any advice?
>>
I like fluffy toys too, don't worry they are fluffy friends
>>
File: safe baby sleepily content.png (127 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
safe baby sleepily content.png
127 KB, 300x300
Normal and a sign that you're a good person. I know grown men who are nurturing and find babies like this adorable, and it creeps people out because it's a womanly feature but it's actually extremely good of them.You're similar, except you like stuffed animals

There's also grown men who play video games, wear band aids and eat candy just like children do. It's not bad, just how it is.
>>
OP this is very healthy. I could understand if you are self-concious about it but fuck anyone who says you can't cuddle with a stuffed animal. Sounds like you have a very fulfilling life.

It's a positive coping method. Some people choose stuffed animals, and plenty out there choose booze and drugs. The latter don't end up very happy in the end.
>>
>>17351661
I get why you're feeling this way.

But... the comfort you feel is the same as someone that enjoys art (music, paintings, books etc..)

It could be that we like domesticated animal so..

You know having a pet makes people live longer, and the effect is kinda similar with stuffed toys.
>>
>>17351661
Just keep it private, that's all.
>>
>>17351661
Keep doing you OP, it's normal. Tons of people find comfort in them for various reasons, including nostalgia.

Nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
You spammy spammy spammy spammy bstds
>>
Also Op you're going to want to find out what 'Gas lighting' means
>>
File: paddy.png (403 KB, 450x597) Image search: [Google]
paddy.png
403 KB, 450x597
>>17351661
I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of. My sister is her late 40s and I'm pretty sure she still sleeps with her stuff toys.

If you want people to be less nosy of your collection, go and collect some really nice collector's edition plushies like from Steiff and turn them into a conversation piece. For some reason some people take it as a more serious "adult" hobby if you spend lots of money and get all fancy with it treating them like little art pieces.

I'm actually thinking of getting a Steiff myself because they're really classy looking good quality teddies. I want to fill a glass cabinet with them and my windup tin toy collection.
>>
>>17351661
Don't be ashamed, you're not alone! I also sleep with a bear or two every night. Sounds like you're well adjusted with a good life, so it's not like it's holding you back. Cut yourself some slack!
>>
Yiff in hell
>>
OP here.

Thank you, anons. Your replies have been very kind. This relieves a lot of my worry.

and to this >>17351792 anon, your Steiff/tin wind up display idea sounds very cool.

People seem fascinated by those intricate old mechanical toys, and so much care went into building and engineering them.
>>
>>17351827
I know, right? A number of mine are actually toys from my childhood that I never parted with. I stick them on a shelf next to a couple antiques, call them "vintage" and suddenly I'm a classy adult collector instead of some weirdo that still plays with their toys occasionally when they're alone.
>>
File: IMG_20160713_053156_718.jpg (817 KB, 2238x1419) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160713_053156_718.jpg
817 KB, 2238x1419
We think it's normal :)
>>
>>17351792
Gorgeous bear
>>
>>17351661
My wife slept with a stuffed animal until she was around 30; she eventually lost it on a road trip and was quite sad about it.

There's nothing otherwise childish or cutesy about her. She's fairly normal, very professionally successful, and well loved by friends and colleagues.

Enjoy your life. Put whatever you want in your bed if it's not hurting anyone or upsetting your wife. If it's upsetting your wife, talk about it. She should be able to come around, and it's not your problem but hers if she can't.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.