[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>move across the world to Ontario at 16 >struggle to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
>move across the world to Ontario at 16
>struggle to make friends because of 'alternative school'
>19 now, haven't had a friend for 3 years, had a couple girlfriends but it never lasted
>about to go to uni in August, not completely socially retarded but don't know how to interact anymore

What are some things I should know about making friends and social interaction? Also general tips for university
>>
Talk to everybody on your dorm floor
Then talk to everybody on the floors above and below you
Talk to literally anybody who sits near you in class
Talk
To
Everyone

Everybody comes into Uni knowing nobody. At most they might know one or two friends that happened to go to the same place. Literally all you have to do to make friends is talk to anybody about anything.
>>
>>17350868
Listen to what this anon said

Additionally find a way to get involved on campus. I was a pretty shy guy in high school, but I got involved in my school's mock trial team, not only did it teach me confidence, poise, and public speaking ability; but I met a ton of people. It also made me pursue a career in law
>>
>>17350868
Thanks for the advice. So I just go out of my way to talk to everyone? Isn't that a little weird?
>>
>>17350961
People will be receptive to social situations during the first few weeks; they are in a position just like you, they don't know anyone and want to meet people. Just talk to people as the situation calls for it.
>>
>>17350961
Normally, yes, people would probably think you're trying to sell them something.
On a uni campus however this is 100% normal because nobody else knows anybody. They're all scared shitless. The fact you're talking to them is a huge relief for most people, it's basically "OH THANK GOD A FRIEND"

And this attitude remains pretty much all the way through senior year, it's less intense but people really don't give a shit about you randomly coming up to them like they might if you did it at like, a library or something.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.