[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fastest way to learn to swim? I get tired too fast and i feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_hRm2AJce.jpg (23 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
4L_hRm2AJce.jpg
23 KB, 332x332
>>
>Fastest way to learn to swim?
Swim more.
>>
>go to pool
>jump into deep end
>learn to swim or die, ridding the gene pool of your inferior genes
>>
>>17350818
common frustration, feeling like you're not moving. It's cause you're not, sometimes. Better motion and strokes fixes it, only way to get better is practice. I swam every day for an hour for a month, and even though at first I felt like garbage, by the end you feel amazing.

practice, don't worry about getting tired, your body will improve itself over time. You can even measure your times if you want for confidence boosting
>>
1. spend more time at your local natatorium

2. take a swim class
>>
I don't hace access to pools but i live really close to a Caribbean beach
>>
>>17350818
Try a different style. When I front crawl I put massive amounts of effort in to it, but all that happens is I splash some water about. I don't go anywhere, and invariably sink after a few seconds.

Breast stroke, on the other hand, is stupidly easy. You can go three meters or more on one stroke, just gliding through the water.
>>
>>17350912
See i'm the opposite. Frontcrawl has me cutting through the water at highspeed like a supercharged ironclad. Breast Stroke has me sort has me floundering.

But the key part for swimming for me is rhythm and momentum. And that comes by just getting in the pool and swimming lengths. Try not to think about your legs too much but keep kicking and focus on your arms and breathing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.