[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is LinkedIn necessary to get a job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466955047956.png (183 KB, 386x406) Image search: [Google]
1466955047956.png
183 KB, 386x406
Is LinkedIn necessary to get a job?
>>
It definitely doesn't hurt. It's another way to connect with people professionally. Add it to your resume.

However I feel that LinkdIn is going downhill. I've always described it as "facebook for professionals" and unfortunately it's turning into stupid motivational image spam.
>>
>>17350554

i dont think i know of anyone who has gotten a job through it. dont get me wrong im sure it exists, but its not a thing. im not on linkedin and get a job just fine.

the social entworking aspect isnt that a job expects you to have a linkdin, its that by networking with people in a professional way who are in your industry, other people can recommend jobs to you and give you an in.
>>
>>17350554
It's not required, but it's good to have whenever opportunites arise you aren't aware of. Employers can easily search for potential hires based on the credentials on your profile.
>>
depends on the job and company
>>
>and unfortunately it's turning into stupid motivational image spam.
it started out as one of the early 2000s viruses that hacked outlook and sent itself to all your contacts, so that's a lateral move at worst
>>
>>17350593
>i dont think i know of anyone who has gotten a job through it.
I've been headhunted through it a couple of times. Neither job worked out, but it did lead directly to two interviews.
>>17350554
I don't think it is necessary, and I do agree with the poster above who suggested it's been going downhill. But I personally find it useful--I use it as a separate network through which I can keep in touch with former coworkers (I don't connect with anyone I work with on Facebook). And I get job leads from it sometimes (I do freelance/short-term contract work).

I also know that people who've interviewed me for full-time gigs back when I was still looking for permanent jobs have always reviewed my profile. So while I would say that it's not necessary to be on the site, if you're on, you should make an effort to be up-to-date.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.