[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an incredibly strong set of feelings for one of my best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160704_203059.jpg (405 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_203059.jpg
405 KB, 1000x1000
I have an incredibly strong set of feelings for one of my best friends. I felt this way about her for years. We've talked about being in a relationship, but she can't sustain relationships with people, even though by her own admission she realizes that we would be a great couple.. we've fooled around on more than one occasion, and I think about her almost every time I jerk off.
It's an obsession at this point, and it's kind of preventing me from moving forward with other relationships in my life, because I can see rather plainly and she's perfect for me. but I know it's not going to happen. It's tormenting me. I don't want to be interested in her anymore, both for my own mental health and out of respect for her.

Does anybody have any advice they can give me? I'm seriously at the end of my rope here.
>>
Sorry to be impatient but I've been helping people left and right here today and I'd really appreciate if somebody could pay it forward.
>>
>>17350524
Honestly I think the two of you need to spend time apart. Being around her and talking to her regularly is doing you no favors.
>>
I think you just need to spend time apart. By being around her, you're just enforcing the feelings you've developed which as you've said, aren't likely to develop into anything.

It seems odd how you're fooling around together but she's pretty much brickwalling you when it comes to anything more serious. Any idea why she might be doing this?
>>
>>17350793
This. If contact with her is having such a negative impact on your life, you need to stop contacting her.

Maybe when you have a new focus for romantic feelings you can try to be friends again. If she's really your friend, she'll understand what she's doing and why you need it to stop.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.