[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hey Guys , I would Love some opinions and ultimately some honest advice. I'm a student recently graduated from college and I, like most people don't know what to do with myself. I want to make films. Iv directed a couple, My most recent. End of college film wrapped about a month ago and i'v got very little feedback about it regarding potential or future projects.

It's not the most original story but I would just like some feedback and maybe advice for improvements or possible directions to take my passion for movie making. Here the Short film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7aJzJvqJw

Please Let me know what you think. Constructive negativity would be apprenticed if you have a harsh opinion. Thanks.
>>
>>17350355
its k. keep on trying, if you really like making movies n shit, go for it.
i would prefer fewer cuts, and more organic camera movement.
>>
>>17350355
I like it. Maybe more steady frames. But i think it's a 7
>>
>>17351117
Awesome man ! Appreciate it! :D
>>
First critique: Cut the second half of your logo. It's weird to see it cut in to an abbreviation, tell us what it is, do an animation only to pull that abbreviation back in.
Maybe have a quick animation to drop "Productions" underneath after the abbreviation is spelled out.

Second critique: I applaud the use of fixed shots, but you need to make better use of them. The angles all feel slightly tilted and put weird emphasis on things that aren't relevant. They're also very narrow. If you widen the fixed angle you'll have a better looking shot, not need to make as many cuts, and the shots will overall have more impact.

Third critique: Refine the fight scene. In particular the knife pull was...not good. Use a more "street" looking knife (Leaf spring knives are great for this because they make a nice CHUNK sound when flipping open), and don't be hesitant to actually show the violence. It only takes a few meaty thumps of watching a guy bashing anothers head in for it to really have heavy impact.
But really replace the knife, it was goofy watching people threaten and fight each other with a flimsy $0.50 kitchen knife.

Fourth Critique: The dialog was pretty hard to hear. It would be worth mixing the dialog audio so it's louder before overlaying the music, or if you can afford the investment a few clip mics.

Overall pretty good, and there's clear potential in what you've made. The biggest thing you've got here is your use of fixed frame shots, these have tons of potential in a world full of close-up smash cuts and bourne-identity parkinsons fight scenes. But you need to utilize what they offer.

That and make your fight scenes have more weight, and fix the dialog audio. Otherwise breddy gud.
>>
>>17351174
All noted and super appreciated! :D
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.