[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stay within a 500 calories a day diet for a month without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: received_608201626001178.jpg (25 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
received_608201626001178.jpg
25 KB, 480x476
How can I stay within a 500 calories a day diet for a month without cracking or cheating?
I've been eating a lot of carrots and drinking a lot of coffee and tea, but I don't know for how long I can keep it up successfully. I currently feel fine and I've been doing it for 4 days. Any advice?
>>
Stop wrecking your health and undermining yourself. I know this probably won't make an impact on you but I'm not going to advise someone on fucking their body over, with potentially very long term consequences.
>>
>>17350251
>pro-ana
sexy as fuck TBQH fampai. Poast thighs and stomach.
>>
>>17350251
500 calories a day isn't enough to sustain your body in the long term. A 1 year old child requires 900/day and an 18 year old female that is 5ft 6 inches that weighs 114 pounds requires 1550 to maintain their weight.
>>
>>17350251
Eat proper breakfast to tide you over for the day. Skip dinner and go to bed hungry.
Don't forget to exercise.

But 500 kcal/day is extreme.
>>
Trying to stay between 500 and 1000 calories a day atm. It helps a LOT to eat/drink physillium husks. Gets you fucking full, helps with staying regular and has no calories
>>
>>17350263
>500 calories a day isn't enough to sustain your body in the long term
It's pretty obvious that OP is trying to lose weight, not maintain her current weight.
>>
>>17350267
that's still not enough to healthily lose weight. It's not enough for your body to function properly. 1100 would be to lose weight with the measurements I gave for the second one. Going from 1550 to 500 is way too extreme.
>>
>>17350265
1 tablespoon is 20 calories
>>
>>17350271
Just stop with that discussion. It's derailing. Believe me, OP knows about proper cals to maintain or cut healthily. She consciously drcided to fuck those numbers. You can't change her decision with telling her it's unhealthy
>>
>>17350264
Stupid advice. A big meal is just gonna make her feel sick. She needs to take smaller meals during the day. OP go to reddit and follow /r/1200isplenty they post alot of really low calorie diets like 200 calorie meals.

Also 500 cals is low as shit. Please stay safe. Talk someone. Sticks are gross.
>>
> 500kcal diet

im not wasting my time into this thread
>>
>Dumb bitches trying to lose weight by starving and literally killing their body

Thanks Charles Darwin
>>
>>17350251
Advice is don't do it you dumbfuck
>>
OP, get help from a therapist.

If you're going to ignore that, eat yogurt, at least one banana, a multivitamin, and ruffage (spinach). You need protein, potassium and calcium to avoid broken bones and partly avoid some of the major heart issues of such a diet. Eat a few olives to get some (healthy) monosaturated fat because your joints will breakdown otherwise.

500 calories a day WILL result in irreversible damage to your skin and will make you ugly. Cardiac arrest from ion imbalances is likely. Going on 500/day for a month will have health consequences for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17350292
But you replied to this thread anyway.
>>
I hope you like brittle bones and all the issues that accompany nutrient deficiencies. Dumb cunt.

I had to select all the images with boats.
>>
>>17350251

There are easier ways to die
>>
this is obviously bait
>>
>>17350251
so, can you post more pics of this girl?
>>
>500 calories a day
Your body will literally shut itself down into survival mode and try to cling to every bit of fat it has. If you're trying to maintain or lose weight, this is the incorrect way to do it.
>>
>>17351270
Possibly. Some people will try this though or want to achieve this diet. What they don't realize is how awful a "crash diet" effects you in the short and long term.

Obvious are the health effects due to nutrient deficiency and the constant lack of energy that goes along with that. I mean there are a myriad of negative implications to your health caused by nutrient deficiency. Not to mention you become more susceptible to getting sick...

More importantly though, "crash dieting" doesn't work most of the time. Once you reach that goal weight you either start thinking it's okay to eat again and balloon back up because you don't know how follow a proper diet or you continue to just waste away, and then say hello to all those health problems and also the emotional problems you'll gain because it'll be obvious you're anorexic. So needless to say the best course of action is to slowly, and properly, lose the weight through good diet and possibly exercise. Losing weight and keeping it off is all about making a lifestyle you can keep up with...
>>
File: 9874144541.jpg (105 KB, 726x640) Image search: [Google]
9874144541.jpg
105 KB, 726x640
>>17350251

I know this is bait... anyway, only drink 1 liter of milk a day and if you like, some cheese, this will trick your body because the milk has fat and sugar, also it will partially provide some of the vitamins you need.
>>
>>17351283
>survival mode
Go back to tumblr. That shit doesnt exist.
>>
>>17350278
How cute, OP is defending herself.
>>
>>17350278

See
>>17350317
>>
>500 calories a day diet

There's such a thing as a 500 calorie diet? What the fuck? That sounds super unhealthy, I feel like you'd have to eat at least 1,000 a day.

Starving yourself is not the right/proper way to lose weight, dieting is 80% of losing weight but just flat out refusing to eat is how people develop eating disorders.
>>
>>17351320
>Live off milk and cheese
>Drink a liter of milk a day

Actually milk is pretty fattening, depending on the type of milk. If you're going to drink a liter of milk per day then it should be like skim milk, or possibly almond milk. Drinking straight 2% milk is fattening as fuck, especially if you're drinking a liter a day of it.

I would know, I'm a big milk drinker and go through a gallon in a week, sometimes 4 or 5 days.
>>
Stop starving yourself. If you want to lose weight, get /fit/. I eat 2500 calories a day on average and still look extremely healthy.
>>
>>17351708
We're talking about 1 liter being the only food every 24 hours.

The point is drinking whole milk because you won't be as hungry as you'd be with skim milk.
>>
>>17350251
Well the first step is to not eat more than 500 calories. Then you've done it.

That said I don't think that's a good idea.
>>
This is what I do. Smoothies. I drink one for most of the day and eat a light dinner.
Recipe:
2 cups frozen kale
1 medium granny smith apple
2 stalk celery
1 banana
1 quarter cup strawberry's
1 quarter cup grapes
1 cup coconut water

Blend that and drink thru out your day. Its roughly 350 kcal
>>
>>17351833
This won't work.
>>
>>17350251
Wish this was attractive for guys.
I'm 6'1 147lbs (186cm 67kg) and a majority of people tell me i'm too skinny.

Anyways. Find a distraction. Lots of people are emotionally attached to food. I have a lot of hobbies, and am probably as skinny as I am because of it. Never craving any food.

To help, coffee and nicotine are both hunger suppressants. Even dark chocolate (eat a piece every few hours.) For nicotine, dont smoke, just get some gum.
>>
>>17352045
>For nicotine, dont smoke, just get some gum.
Jesus
If you want to do a proper crash diet just drink a ton of water, and eat frozen fruit with plain yogurt. Dont throw in stimulants like caffeine or nicotine
>>
/fit/ here and on behalf on anyone who knows shit about health and the human body: You are beyond retardness, OP.

Calculate your fucking tdee and eat at a caloric deficit or do some sports you lazy shit. You are just gonna fuck up your body on the long term. Fuck off holy shit
>>
>all these naysayers
>they hating

OP, get some amphetamine and you won't have to eat at all for days. In fact, you won't feel the need to eat. Even more so, you would have to force yourself to eat because it's so revolting. Just parachute it so you don't fuck your body up even more than you already do with this beyond retarded premise.
>>
I eat six full meals on a good day, pretty healthy most of the time mind you, I am 5'9" and lucky to be 70kg after a meal, body fat is probably around 10-15℅ in saying that I'm probably more active than 99℅ of the human race. As someone that can literally burn 5x the daily recommended energy intake I highly sugesst if you want to knock back calories to loose weight have yourself a real breakfast. Big bowl of oats is a very good place to start can add fruit or what ever your feel to make it more appealing
A Solid breakfast 1. Kick starts your metabolism for the day, meaning your burning more energy from the get go.
2. Supply your body with the energy to start the day so you feel better, leading to increases performance the day through
And 3. Helps to regulate hunger from the time you get up
>>
>>17350251
leafy greans and lean protein, preferably cottage cheese or something.
>>
I really enjoy restricting.

I'm not sure there are any tips or secrets, everyone is different. Some people can't have a lot of food in the house, some people can, etc etc. Tea (idk about coffee) can suck up the iron in your food and contribute to anemia, so consider that. I take vitamins with my small meals (I break up a day's multivit into pieces through the day so it doesn't make me sick) and always make sure to have some fat in the meal to help with vit absorption. I vape strong liquid, but, for me, it doesn't help with food cravings as much as other people talk like. Hunger maybe but not really food cravings, if that makes sense.

There are plenty of redundant and scientifically inaccurate pro-ana/mia tips other places for you to absorb, so I don't really know what to tell you.

I eat 2 whole eggs for breakfast (160 kcal) with 8 oz whole milk (140 kcal), a romaine/spinach salad with a lowish-cal dressing sometime during the day (100 kcal). What I do with the remaining calories varies, sometimes another egg, sometimes some miso soup, sometimes a piece of fruit or (gasp) a mochi bonbon. 3 times a week (not consecutive days) I allow myself a bowl of soup that is 180 kcal, so I'm 400-500 Calories most days and up to 680 3 times a week.

If I feel particularly weak (like, dangerously) my fixes are, in order: a bit of glucose gel (calories, but worth it to not pass out or something), oral rehydration solution (the kind with sodium chloride (salt) and potassium chloride to make sure electrolyte imbalance isn't going to kill me, calories here too but for good reason), or a real(ish) meal with carbs, fat, protein if all else fails. I carry the glucose gel and solution packets with me at ALL TIMES. It's a safety thing.

Also, just like with normal/healthy people, there will be days you fuck up. Just carry on. Avoid the "well I'm already over budget so I'll just eat all I want today so it's out of my system" mindset. That's a really great way to get fucking obese.
>>
Maybe consider a halfway point. If you eat 1000 calories, and exercise for an hour, you'll net around 500 in the end.
>>
>>17350251
>How can I stay within a 500 calories a day diet for a month without cracking or cheating?
Don't. Even if you're trying to lose weight, that is not nearly enough calories. I would say that 1,200 a day is the absolute bare minimum. I would honestly recommend between 1,500-1,800 a day. You can eat a shit ton of good food, and still fall short of that.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.