[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do heartbreaks hurt so fucking much? How can I both want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1466119910729.jpg (41 KB, 540x280) Image search: [Google]
1466119910729.jpg
41 KB, 540x280
Why do heartbreaks hurt so fucking much? How can I both want her back and be disgusted by what she did at the same time?
>>
oxytocin withdrawal

when you bond with someone you secrete oxytocin. its a hormone that bonds people together. pack survival "love hormone"

its addictive and you can withdrawal from it. itll pass once youre not a fucking love junkie
>>
>>17349603
>Why do heartbreaks hurt so fucking much?
Because you are mourning for something that died. It's a relationship rather than a person, but this doesn't actually make much of a difference. I am sorry for your loss.

>How can I both want her back and be disgusted by what she did at the same time?
It is natural to cling, in the early days. Let it pass, and it will. If tou don't mind my asking, what did she do?
>>
>>17349609
And how do I make more of that?

>>17349610
Thank you for your kind words.

It's a bit of a long story. A couple of years ago, I grew a bit distant due to work-related stress. Instead of communicating, she started flirting with this online friend. I found out, we had a talk and she begged me to give her another chance, promising she'd fix everything. Naturally, I was hurt. I felt betrayed and showed it to her every given opportunity.
In hindsight, while I had every right to be upset, I decided to give her another chance and thus I should've made an effort to heal aswell. And not made her feel bad at random just because I felt bad.
She started feeling depressed due to several reasons, including that.
Until one day she said she was leaving. She had decided she couldn't be happy with me anymore and wasn't worth trying again simply because we were invariably going to fail at it.

So she left. We kept in touch. Turns out a week after she told me she was leaving, she "found out" she was having feeling for a friend of hers (different friend). She moved back to her parents and she started a relationship with that long distance friend of hers, although she claimed it was just "an understanding, nothing official". A month after moving, she tells me they made it official. And two months later, she tells me she's going to spend some time at his place.

I'm sure they'll both see this post. He, at the very least, will find this all amusing. He never liked me and they both lied to me about it.
I'm not ashamed of this post or feeling like shit. It happened, it happens to people all the time. I'm hurting and I don't wish 1% of any of this upon anyone. Including them, as much as they may or may not deserve.
>>
>>17349629
They sound like shit people. Wouldn't worry about them, although you sound a little shitty yourself.
>>
>>17349755
Thanks, mate. I am shitty, trying to improve and be less shitty.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.