[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm not sure how to start this.. typical 'best friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1460277904471.jpg (365 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
1460277904471.jpg
365 KB, 1296x972
i'm not sure how to start this..
typical 'best friend tells you they like you thing' i guess, except this friend is online
the problem is- not that i don't like them, but that they were in an online relationship and it went to shit
now, me being his friend, he would tell me everything he felt for her, the relationship and just everything else
just two weeks ago he was talking about how he tries to find her in other people and replace her, how she was the only one for him and that he still loves her
alright so me knowing all of this, and then being told "i really like you, please go out with me" is just baffling, and he doesnt seem to realize somehow?
I think i'm being responsible here by telling him he's wrong, but i want him to understand.
so,, what do ?
>>
Uh, well, this is awkward...
Could we talk about it maybe?
>>
>>17349502
please don't scare me like that anon
>>
>>17349502
Aw, but what's the fun if you don't give people a little spook?
>>
>>17349515
they don't have a heart attack..
>>
But anyways, I mean aside from maybe talking to him in person, just broach the subject and discuss your thoughts with him and tell him what you feel is the problem with it and how it makes you feel.

I think it's partially that you feel like he's just trying to use you as a replacement instead of liking you for you. He just likes the parts of you that remind him of her. I could be totally wrong though.
>>
>>17349524
The whole thing kind of angers me and i don't like talking about it, but i have a lot of things to say about it.
>discuss your thoughts with him and tell him what you feel is the problem with it and how it makes you feel
I even told him "you're still in love with someone, you don't think that's messed up at all?" he didn't really say much about it, just "ha, no" and went on to say that i would be his priority and not her. when that's not the point; if you still love someone, you don't go and date someone else.
>I think it's partially that you feel like he's just trying to use you as a replacement instead of liking you for you. He just likes the parts of you that remind him of her. I could be totally wrong though
i'm pretty sure he likes me for me, but he's just in a hurry to be in a relationship to feel better or something. it's just not good at all.
>>
>>17349538
>i'm pretty sure he likes me for me, but he's just in a hurry to be in a relationship to feel better or something.

That's a bit contradictory, don't you think? Has to be one or the other. And if that's how he feels about it, I'm not sure he's exactly a great person to be getting involved with. Being that willing to be so nonchalant about something like that certainly strikes me as off.

But to be fair I've got some friends that have been shitty in relationships and I still consider them friends. I just don't get mingled up in their mess too much. I don't think it neccessarily makes them completely abhorrent people. just ones to be careful with.
>>
>>17349549
maybe i'm underestimating his feelings when i say he's in a hurry, but i don't know.
he's not usually nonchalant like that, he's not casual, so that's what made me think is wasn't completely real in the first place. but then, he could be not trying to overwhelm me, i'm not sure.
he says some off things sometimes, but i try not to lecture him since he just doesn't see it the way i do anyway. I leave him to his disappointing endeavors
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.