[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girl has been really short with me through text the last week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1434455020106.jpg (278 KB, 858x1186) Image search: [Google]
1434455020106.jpg
278 KB, 858x1186
My girl has been really short with me through text the last week or so. It all started when she asked about my parents and I told her they didn't seem to have a high opinion of her (they haven't met yet). In person she's normal, but over text she doesn't seem like she even wants to talk, with a bunch of two word texts punctuated with lol.

She doesn't really joke much and she barely responds to compliments with more than a "thank you". It wasn't always like this. She'd be really funny and flirty before this. I don't really wanna ask her like a needy bitch so any idea why this may be? We talked about my parents in person and she isn't too interested in trying to impress them.
>>
why do they not have a high opinion of her?
>>
>>17348961
They had found out I had sex with her before they even knew we were dating (we had dated before though) so they think she's a slut who jumped on my dick the moment she met me. It's more my mom, but apparently she didn't see me as the type to hook up. Little does she know I am.

Side note because it may be relevant: we haven't been dating long this stint, only two weeks, two months including the first time around. If it's confusing why they think she's a slut, you're absolutely right.
>>
>>17348971
Your mother's a fucking retard if she looks down on her for this, but not you.
>>
>>17348981
She does. She's stuck in the 70s.
>>
Why does your mom even know you two have sex? And yeah, being called (even low key) a slut for having sex with your bf would get every girl down. She was probably not very happy with the fact she slept with you so early anyways. Now she might be afraid you think she was behaving slutty too. She might also be concerned about how it will affect your relationship in the long run that the "hunt phase" was so short.
T. Girl that regrets having slept with her bf too early
>>
>>17348986
Well now that we've got this out of the way, I'd be the same if I were in her position. Your girlfriend, I mean. Not only are you telling your parents something I'd consider to be intimate and not something to be shared with other people, but you KNEW that your mother wouldn't think highly of her and you told her anyway. I wouldn't be interested in trying to redeem myself to someone who holds such antiquated double standards either.
>>
>>17349003
I came home from "the gym" four hours later smelling like perfume and vaginal juice with my hair all messed up and hickeys on my neck... It was obvious.

She and I just wanted to hook up but we had both changed so much since we had dated that we liked each other even more and decided to make it a thing.

>>17349018
I hadn't told her though. And I told her straight up that I didn't care about my parent's opinions of anything and that she didn't need to meet them if she didn't want to.

The thing is it's only through text. In person she's just fine, but that's when I noticed it started.
>>
>>17349031
>I came home from "the gym" four hours later smelling like perfume and vaginal juice with my hair all messed up and hickeys on my neck... It was obvious.
how old are you even?

depending on how fragile your gf's selfesteem is this might be irreparable.
>>
>>17349031
So let me get this straight: your mother expects you to tell her when you start dating a girl, and THEN it's fine for her to have sex with her? Even if it doesn't work out with this girl and you dated for say, two weeks? Yet if you start dating a girl, have sex with her, then tell your parents, and go on to date for two years, your girlfriend's a whore? What the fuck is your mother smoking?

>And I told her straight up that I didn't care about my parent's opinions of anything and that she didn't need to meet them if she didn't want to.
It's fine you don't care, but that last bit is somewhat short-sighted. What you said somewhat implies that you don't intend to date this girl long term. It also doesn't sound like you tried to defend your girlfriend, which is another problem

>The thing is it's only through text. In person she's just fine, but that's when I noticed it started.
That's probably because she wants to avoid fighting in person and just wants to spend time with you.
>>
>>17349038
22. I know, the hickeys were dumb and immature but she was "in the moment"

She already said that she doesn't care about impressing them. When we talked about it she seemed a little irritated. I'm just saying that's when it started.
>>
>>17349041
1. We're not planning on dating long term. We both know that because we're going back to school. It's a summer fling more than anything. She doesn't want to be in a relationship while she's studying and I'm moving to another town in October anyway.

2. I did defend her and I told her I did.

3. That's a possibility
>>
File: circle of truth.gif (2 MB, 540x218) Image search: [Google]
circle of truth.gif
2 MB, 540x218
>>17349043
>she doesn't care about impressing them
deep down, she fucking does. if she's serious about you, she knows it will be a real pile of shit to deal with a mother in law that thinks you are a whore. it will lead to passive agressive stuff. you really don't need that. everyone wishes their so's family loves them too. she tries to downplay it and maybe even fool herself. i know my bf's family is not thrilled about me either (i'm older than him and i have a kid). it hurts. i mean, in my case, they have substantial reasons, but it's still hurtfull to think that your bf's mom thinks he could do better than "that".

to me it sounds like she has distanced herself a bit. probably because she isn't being completely honest with how this makes her feel. it happens. tell her honestly about your concerns regarding the situation and hope she does the same.
>>
File: 5844479480_ed1b84efc7.jpg (53 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
5844479480_ed1b84efc7.jpg
53 KB, 500x341
>>17349047
>We're not planning on dating long term. We both know that because we're going back to school. It's a summer fling more than anything. She doesn't want to be in a relationship while she's studying and I'm moving to another town in October anyway.

welp, then why do you even care? holy shit
>>
>>17349047
If it's going to be short term, does this really matter? Just use texts to set up dates or whatever you call them
>>
>>17349060
This. Op is a dumb ass
>>
>>17348956
nigga, you gay
>>
>>17348956
How tall was she before?
>>
File: Image005.jpg (65 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
Image005.jpg
65 KB, 846x846
>>17349455
That shouldn't have made me laugh but it did.
Fuck you.
But I love you.
>>
>>17348956
>barely responds to compliments with more than a "thank you"
Do you compliment her often? If so, lay back some. I don't mind a compliment every so often, but too often and it gets old. You're constantly thanking someone for saying something nice.

>anon likes your hair today!
>thanks anon, you're making me blush.
>anon likes your outfit today.
>thanks anon
>anon thinks you smell great today!
>thanks
>anon thinks you're beautiful
>ty
>anon loves what you wrote
>:)

Also, why would you tell her that about your parents? If they never met, how can they form a real opinion of her? Based on what you've told them?

kek. anon is why anon's parents dislike her.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.