[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys I have a question about switching jobs. A little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Griffon05.jpg (141 KB, 1191x900) Image search: [Google]
Griffon05.jpg
141 KB, 1191x900
Hello guys I have a question about switching jobs.

A little backstory:
>5 years ago being me a depressed autist
>get into autismbux because of autism and depression
>now 5 years later im 'fit' to work again
>have a job driving trucks, but am not really happy about it
>the hours suck and I have these bosses and colegues who annoy the fuck out of me
>its starting to eat me and i dread to it more and more
>thinking if I should go back to old job I had 5 years ago where I was happy but quit back then because of depression
>they need a referal if they wanna invite me to an interview

how the fuck am I going to do it without my current job knowing I dont like it there and I wanna go and how the fuck do I make sure my old job takes me back?
>>
>>17348898
i mean it took a whole lot of trouble getting my current trucking job because of my history. Its understandable companies arent excited about me with my backstory. However I was good at my old job. Now I drive trucks, I used to drive smaller vehicles and I was more happy there so I wanna go back.

But yeah if they wanna invite me to an interview they are gonna know about my backstory (having autismbux and not working for 5 years) and my current job is gonna know i dont like them and im planning on switching

how do I fix this without ruining everything?
>>
bump

thanks alot guys I really appreciate it
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>17348898
No, they won't know your backstory.

How are your current colleagues annoying you? What type of truck are you driving?

I think if you sit down with the head honcho, and let him know you're not happy with your current position (and the reason is understandable), he may be willing to give you reference to go back to your old job. Just be honest, but also record the conversation according to the laws of your land. This way, if it backfires, you have leverage.
>>
>>17349344
i drive big trucks (i deliver to supermarket grocery stores)

its hard to explain, im just not happy on this job and i dislike the people

i would very much like to go back to my old job

also a problem is because of my history i usually stay for a very short while somewhere, this is a coincidence and I do not do this on purpose, but it might scare those people off
>>
>>17348901
If they took a risk in hiring you back and letting you get your feet back in the industry, then you should try your best to work it out and show loyalty. That will get you the recommendations you're looking for in the future and help rebuild your work history.

How long have you been in your current position? If it's less than a year or so, you may want to rethink what you're doing and determine if you're the reason why those people are "annoying" to you, and perhaps talk to a therapist and work it out.

We all have to deal with annoying people, but to say everyone you're around annoys you points to a bigger problem, you. Find ways to work it out and come to terms with your situation; that will help you grow and overcome any issues if it is indeed you, and not your colleagues.
>>
>>17349358
not even 2 months now, but i absolutely hate it

however i can still quit within these 2 months, after that i need to work there for 6 months which i hate

i really wanna get my old job back
>>
>>17348898
lucky, they denied my autismbux even with my autism and major depression diagnosis from a professional.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.