[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you live life with a personality roughly approximating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
How do you live life with a personality roughly approximating the INTP type? Its hard to be comfortable with yourself once you question how much time you might be wasting spacing out and only ever dipping your toe into any given pursuit. That you'll only ever be the pretense of intelligent or interesting, but fundamentally uneducated and impotent, socially and intellectually.

Note: I dont care what your opinion on Myer's Briggs is (using it for convenience sake) so please restrain yourself from shitting up the thread with that sort of bickering on whether it is legitimate or whatever.
>>
>>17348593
You don't. Find a strong support for that noose.
>>
I wish I knew. I always wanted to be a musician, but I can't actually sit down and focus on a tutorial or read a book explaining the methods of composition/musical theory. I have a basic knowledge but every time I try to I end up just getting lost in fucking around with my instrument and trying to make it work on my own. I know it'd sound a lot better if I actually studied and digested the material but I can't keep myself focused on it. Then I give up after like a half hour because the music sounds like shit compared to what I want and I go back to doing something that takes little/no effort, like reading news articles on the internet and shitposting.
>>
>>17348593
MBTI is a very poor way to determine a person's personality. If you truly believe that something is wrong with your way of living, then it's time to do some introspection and soul-searching until you are able to decide what it is that you want from life.

You think the vast majority of people are educated and interesting? They're not. The shit that most people talk about isn't really anything substantial, and they generally just talk to talk.

Everybody thinks that they're smart. Everybody thinks that they're interesting. The truth is that most people are not.

The only difference between "INTP"s and everybody else is that they always seem to second guess themselves.

One of the most important things that you can do is get out of your own head and become more action-oriented. You can't solve all of your problems with your mind, or by asking rhetorical questions on 4chan.

My personality fits my Myers Briggs type very loosely, and it is not an accurate way to guage your true nature (I'm an ENTJ). My father has tested as an INTP and is a mechanical engineer.
>>
Avoid human contact and indulge in digital hobbies.
>>
>>17348593
Team up with an INTJ
>>
File: Decide.jpg (59 KB, 540x459) Image search: [Google]
Decide.jpg
59 KB, 540x459
Stop defining yourself. Not by standardized testing, not by horoscopes, not by other people's opinions, not anything.

Seriously. Free yourself from whatever box you've put yourself in, and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.