[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. This ones a doozy. Girlfriend just laid out her plans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: you what.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
you what.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Hey guys. This ones a doozy.
Girlfriend just laid out her plans for my birthday gift: a $500 dollar weekend trip to Manhattan. its also completely planned out. she has the money to do so. but the thing is this is so outside our range for gift prices. we've been dating roughly a year now. one concern is that if i accept and we wind up breaking up she will have wasted 500 dollars. so do I go and feel horrible because I'm not worth it, or do i feel horrible by telling her she has to cancel?
>>
>>17348579
>one concern is that if i accept and we wind up breaking up she will have wasted 500 dollars
It's not a waste. If you break up before the trip, she can go without you. If you break up after, it's just a mutual enjoyable experience that you can both look back on. You're overthinking this.
>>
Enjoy your trip
>>
>>17348579
Why are you so concerned about breaking up already? That this is an issue in your mind really says something about your relationship. And how far away is your birthday?
>>
Just make sure you tell her that you think she's amazing for doing this, and you're really happy you'll have this experience together, but it truly is way outside your price range for gifts, so she can't expect that you'll be able to make up for it when her birthday comes, and if that's going to be a problem you should consider selling the tickets and all.
>>
>>17348579
Why are you thinking about breaking up? Damn that is cold. If you been together a year already, you should know if you plan on breaking up by now or not.
>>
>>17348579

You've got a cool girlfriend there OP...but I'm going to tell you, $500 is not going to go very far in Manhattan over a weekend.
>>
>>17348579
I'd be more concerned that this sets a precedent for gifts.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.