[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cripling jealousy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: jealousy[1].jpg (276 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
jealousy[1].jpg
276 KB, 900x673
Whenever I go outside and see cute girls with their boyfriends, I can't help but get incredibly jealous.
Makes me uncomfortable and bitter, and somewhat ruins a perfectly fine day at the pool or night at the club, and ultimately contributes to my depression.

Now, I'm not a virgin (though my history with women is relatively small), and my looks are passable at worst. Yet I barely get any results whenever I try. But I digress.

The question here is, does anyone have any tips on how to deal with jealousy? Other than stop going outside
>>
>>17348236
stop going outside
>>
>>17348250
gee I did not see that coming
>>
You are jealous because you are insecure. You need to be honest with yourself as to why and then get the fuck over it.
>>
>>17348236
This isn't jealousy, it's self hatred. You couldn't possibly be jealous of each guy you see, unless you think you are entitled to a harem. Seeing them reminds you there is something holding you back.

First, don't be fooled into thinking that having a decent looking gf will make your life perfect, or that you are a loser without it.

Second, think about what's holding you back and make a plan to fix it, if it's that important to you.
>>
>>17348276
Ok that's something. I'm insecure about a lot of things, but I'm not seeing the correlation here.
I think it's more because I figure I should be getting some of that myself by now and I feel wronged in a way
>>
>>17348285
That's some nice input, thanks.

You're probably right that a cute girlfriend won't solve my issues. I used to think finally losing my virginity would lift a heavy load off me but it really didn't change a whole lot. But still I can't help but feel that this is something that will help, if just a little.

I'm not sure how to improve at this point.
It's hard to muster the will to do something pro active when every other day you get depressed over the tinniest thing, like seeing happy couples
>>
>>17348236
You're envious, not jealous.
>>
File: elliot_rodger3-620x412.jpg (26 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger3-620x412.jpg
26 KB, 620x412
>>17348236

>Whenever I go outside and see cute girls with their boyfriends, I can't help but get incredibly jealous.
>>
>>17348362
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/envy

>>17348335
>You're probably right that a cute girlfriend won't solve my issues
I don't agree with that, although it might just be that it doesn't apply to me. I get jealous of other couples simply because I want to have a companion. I don't actually see how you could be jealous of couples if you don't want to be in one yourself. That just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>17348392
get use to it buddy we are living in a feminist era and more of them are going to show up.
>>
>>17348407
Yeah he did come to mind as I was typing. I suppose I do identify with the lad a bit, but thankfully I'm not that far gone just yet
>>17348392
I meant my other issues. Cause there are always other issues
>>
>>17348407
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Envy_vs_Jealousy
>>
i was out at a restaurant and i saw this maybe decade older couple kinda sit down in front of me. i didn't think anything of it. eventually the chick's attention was on me for some reason and she would look at me and hop on her bf's lap and makeout. she did this type of stuff maybe 5 times. the dude caught on eventually and i could tell he felt awkward. i was talking/listening to my group. yet the chick had something against me and i felt it. i honestly assumed she secretly wanted my dick and had some sort of personal guy issues in her past with a guy who looked like me. they got up and left awkwardly.
>>
i was walking on the sidewalk one day and this couple came into view. i heard the guy giggle and say to the chick that i was checking her out. i wasn't and i was wearing sunglasses too. the chick was talking in normal conversation and when they got 15ft away she said, "Dis is mah man and WE know it" as they giggled and returned to normal conversation.
>>
at an old job a 20 year old girl i worked with asked me if i could buy her bottles as i was 21 at the time. she said it in a flirty and suggestive way. i said that i would only if she would drink with me. she basically played it off then proceeded to hold a huge grudge on me which the whole place knew about but never got spoken of.

she would compete with what i would say and basically not disprove anything; just manipulate the conversation a bit. also she'd try and tell me basic information/rules that i already knew, but in a sort of "you should know this, young man" type of a way.

i never played argument with her i honestly ignored her and she hated that. she eventually had her bf show up at random when we were both working the same shift. they'd overly excitedly embrace one another and keep looking at me when they interacted. the dude would kinda observe me, not really pissed just kinda looking at me. i could tell he was intimidated and it was a front. i never gave him any attention
>>
File: bigboss feel.png (35 KB, 517x476) Image search: [Google]
bigboss feel.png
35 KB, 517x476
>>17348236
>Whenever I go outside and see cute girls with their boyfriends, I can't help but get incredibly jealous.
>Makes me uncomfortable and bitter, and somewhat ruins a perfectly fine day at the pool or night at the club, and ultimately contributes to my depression.

i'v felt this too. i'm a 23yr old kissless never had a gf virgin. there is nothing you can do except feel bad for yourself
>>
Not gonna lie, I love the idea that bitter males will get mad when they see me out with my SO.
>>
another chick wo-worker and i were flirty and had a thing in a way the first week she got hired. i fell off that and didn't like her like that. 1 month later she gets a bf. her 2nd bf ever. she was 23.

she would always have her bf drop her off and get out of his car and come up to the front door and makeout. other times he'd not drop her off and instead get coffee for her and get out of his car to makeout and whatnot. he'd literally jog ahead to open 100% of all doors for her too.

seen her bf maybe half a dozen times. honestly never looked directly at him but could tell his general shape. Lol. they used to look at me doing some weird "look at us" thing.

she actually took me minding my business as i had changed in spite of her bf showing up. he stopped showing up. she became more awkward than before and still wanted my dick <---- this is her reality.
>>
File: 1463512329163.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463512329163.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>17348236
>>
>tfw you can make people jealous by being happy
Isn't it great?
>>
>>17349197
Even better is the notion that you can make someone this mad just by minding your own business and living your life. It's fantastic
>>
>>17348236
That's not jealousy, that's envy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.