[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf broke up with me five weeks ago, a mutual friend just let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 22115-32454-19643.png (13 KB, 438x499) Image search: [Google]
22115-32454-19643.png
13 KB, 438x499
My gf broke up with me five weeks ago, a mutual friend just let it slip that she's now seeing someone again. I guess there's no stopping her from this rebound relationship even though I still love her so much, but boy am I mad.

How do you get over a relationship of two and a half years that easily?

Sorry there's no real question here, I just need to vent I guess.
>>
You start fucking other bitches and act like you don't give a shit about your ex until you genuinely don't.
>>
>>17348215

Just deleted her off my Fb and everything.

Really would like to see her crash and burn
>>
(I'm the same guy that posted the first response)

Good. Seriously the best thing you can do is give her none of your time or attention. Don't even talk about her to people. If you can fuck any of her friends, do it.
>>
What's something you've always wanted to do OP?
>>
She moved on so quick because she either stopped loveing you or never did.

Shes not worth your time.
>>
>>17348245

Already tried everything to win her back these past weeks, but I'm through with that now.

Just gonna have to take my stuff back from her place now. Oh, and I feel kinda bad for all the mementos that will wither in a box under her bed. But I guess you can't take back those, even though I feel she doesn't deserve any of it anymore for spitting in my face like that.
>>
>>17348208
You don't man.
My ex of two years dumped me in June. Left me with an apartment I couldn't afford. I just got evicted. She gave my dog away. Started going downtown as a single girl , fucking random.guys and complaining about how everyone is the same and fucks her over.
She had been cheating on me for months. I had an engagement ring though. I really love her.
It doesn't get better. You just have to forget about it altogether.
Alcohol only.made.this last month more depressing for me. The truth is she didn't want you. Just like mine didn't want me. And it hurts. A lot.
But that's all there is to it. You have to be happy.because you deserve it. You have to be happy.because you are worth someone else's love and affection.
>>
>>17348256

I don't know. University and band practice has taken up all the time I didn't spend with her, so I never really paid much thought to that. Any advice?

I'm already playing tennis, working out, guitar, going out with friends again and so on. Something more adventurous would do nicely
>>
I don't know why you think she wronged you by dating somebody. You got dumped stupid.
>>
>>17348266

Holy shit man, that sounds awful. I'm happy that you came to realize that you also should put yourself first. I hope you get better soon as well, anon!

By the way, are you also hoping to be witness to her eventual downfall? I kinda am intrigued to see how this contnues for her... not sure if this is healthy
>>
>>17348208

The relationship is over. Its over. The lingering feelings of dominion you have over her will certainly fade over time.

You will feel hurt, you will feel betrayed, you will hate her. Only time will draw all of these feelings into perspective for you. If its any consolation, she's probably feeling just as lonely and hurt as you are and running into the arms of someone else is just easier than it is to sit alone and stew in those feelings.

As much as it hurts to hear, your feelings about her love life are irrelevant at this point and you need to stop focusing on it because it has absolutely nothing to do with the progression of your life from this point on.

Only do things that help you move forward, not backwards. Cry, drink, fuck, go on dates, hang out with friends, try new things. Move forward, dude.

>>17348245

>If you can fuck any of her friends, do it.

Going out of your way to hurt the source of your grief is a childish thing to do.
>>
>>17348273

It's about the fact that if our relationship meant anything to her, she wouldn't be so quick to move on. That stings, anon. Enough to get me to move on, finally.
>>
>>17348277

Thanks for your insight, anon!

I know all that now I guess and it really makes sense, the question (if any) I wanted to discuss here would be why it is so easy for some people to just run into someone else's arms like it's the next big thing immediately. I mean, she should realize something's not right here?
>>
>>17348275
Yes. Partly. I love her a lot. I just want her to be happy. Even though she ruined my life. I don't have a car. So being abandoned at an apartment I can't afford and having to walk to work sucked... A lot.

Every time I think horrible thoughts or wish something.bad on her... I stop myself. I actually feel even sadder. Because we shared a strong love. And its sad that I've been reduced to hoping bad things happen to her.. Because ultimately I don't want that..
I just want to be loved.
Its rough anon. It really is. Two years... I thought she was the one...

Either way.. I'm just tying to swallow the negative thoughts and focus on myself. What good does it do you or me to sit around and wish bad shit on someone who used to mean the world to us?
We are both better than that. We have both been hurt... But you don't want her life to be ruined... You just want to turn her back into a stranger. And move on.
>>
>>17348208
>How do you get over a relationship of two and a half years that easily?
The flaw in your reasoning is that you assume she started the healing process at the same time you did. That isn't usually how it works.

By the time the dumper actually pulls the trigger, they've already spent weeks or even months getting over the relationship. This asymmetry makes it look like they get over things very quickly, when actually it's just that they had a long head start.
>>
>>17348298

You still sound so sad, anon.
I wish you all the best.

Do you have any idea why she broke up with you?

I guess it of course doesn't do any good to wish bad things upon them. But I think the hope sustains that if things don't go well for her, she will remember me. I don't want her to forget the time we shared. Maybe it's the same for you
>>
>>17348309

Now this makes an awful lot of sense.

Thank you, anon.
>>
File: 1387269537618.jpg (21 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
1387269537618.jpg
21 KB, 382x322
>>17348286

>I wanted to discuss here would be why it is so easy for some people to just run into someone else's arms like it's the next big thing immediately.

Stop. It doesn't matter. Analyzing this won't make you feel any better about watching the girl you were with for 2 years be with someone else. Her thought process concerning her rebound is irrelevant to your life.

You're looking for answers to a problem that is not your problem. Focusing on this will do nothing but keep you rooted in your sorrow. You have to let it go. You have to let her live her life because, at this point, what she does is none of your business.

You cannot begin to heal from this experience at all until you let it go, anon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.