[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I hopeless /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: I accept it.jpg (44 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
I accept it.jpg
44 KB, 480x410
I'm 18 and supposed to be starting college after summer, my Dad is angry because I don't want to try joining a military academy. I can't find a job no matter where I look and I barely have any money to my name, my Mom is upset because I keep fucking up with forms the College is asking me to fill out and I'm starting to think i should just an hero and save all the trouble of being a potential failure.

What should I do, an hero and fuck off or is their any hope for me to bounce back?
>>
At 18, your life is pretty much over. It's not like you have several decades to "bounce back". It's best if you don't try anything.
>>
>>17348199
So that's it then? Their's just no point to anything and I should an hero?
>>
>>17348177
why aren't you interested in any branches of the military? there's something for everyone in at least one of them.
>>
>>17348231
No I am, my Dad is just mad that I won't go to the fucking Navy. I signed a contract with my Uni's Army ROTC and I'll either be put on reserves/active after I graduate but he's sperging out.
>>
>>17348241
oh ok, fuck him then. Choosing a branch that fits you is the most important part.
>>
>>17348251
But I'm afraid that I'm going to be a dumb fuck up, I can't find a job, I keep screwing up with the forms given to me by my Uni and I don't know if I'll ever grow out of this and just do something right once in my life.
>>
>>17348255
You gotta find a job, bro.
Only then you can see how fucked up the real world is.

Everyone have no clue about their jobs.
Everyone is a fucked up as you.
The society is literally being pushed by the few capable person, trying to squeeze at least some usefulness out of these incapable fuck ups.

But don't just take my words for it,
because then it won't leave a impression in your mind.

You seriously need to get a job, live among this society, and have a heavy impression of "if someone this fucked up can even live his life, why can't i do it?"
>>
You're 18 and at a crossroads. Really think about what you (((you))) might like to do, and pursue that (((assuming it's practical and will earn you a decent living don't get a liberal arts degree dummy)))

This is what I'd tell myself 7 years ago. Also, don't do drugs. Even experimenting is dangerous. GL
>>
>>17348278
>>17348294

Well, okay. I guess I should just get up and try again tomorrow and hope for the best.

Thanks, I feel a little bit better.
>>
>>17348313
K. Think about going to a trade school.
>>
>>17348322
I'm already enrolled in a University, thinking between doing Domestic/Foreign politics so I can be a correspondent for the news or work in D.C.

Or Plan B: Become a Computer Sci nerd and work as a white hat for private companies.
>>
>>17348255
>I don't know if I'll ever grow out of this

At 18 you're officially an adult, but trust me, you still have plenty to grow and mature. Try to experience and get out of your comfort zone as much as you can, that will help you grow faster
>>
>>17348356
What I'm really afraid of is becoming that one scenario I saw in a picture once. It was some guy in a thread basically explaining to everyone what happens to you if you don't go to college by 18 and that by the time you're 30 you'll be alone, depressed and hated by your family.

I'm scared that's happening to me right now.
>>
>>17348365
I think it's ok to feel like that.
Either way, you have a lot of time to make sure that doesn't happen.
If the prospect of being a fuck up scares you that much, keep that image in mind and think back to it every time you feel lazy
>>
>>17348365
you really don't have to worry about that. people go to college at all ages and live quite decent lives. it all depends on how much effort you put in and age is not really a factor.

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d14/tables/dt14_303.40.asp

look at the even distribution for the age groups in recent years.
>>
>>17348389
>>17348397
Thanks for the motivation, tomorrow I'm just gonna try shaking off this anxiety and making things right.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.