[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason we're self destructive? Does it even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: vagabond-44347.jpg (138 KB, 800x1158) Image search: [Google]
vagabond-44347.jpg
138 KB, 800x1158
Is there any reason we're self destructive?

Does it even have a reason? I realize that every time I'm steadily keeping a routine of going to the gym, seeing friends, and feeling good about myself, my mind immediately tempts me with neglecting those things.
Then, when I'm at my lowest, I hate myself for doing it to myself.

Being as it's contributing to my self hatred greatly, I'd like to know if there's at least a reason, if not an answer on how to solve it.
>>
Bumpin
>>
Such is the human condition my friend.
It's also something to do with how your mind is wired, which depends on your enviroment and what develops as a result from your actions and reactions to situations. Changing the way you think about things is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Just do something to take your mind off it and focus on improving. Harder than it sounds obviously, but nothing in life worth doing is easy.
>>
>>17348144
You are an ape.
The best state of being an ape can imagine is to do nothing, eat a lot, fuck even more, and fling poop and rocks at anything that wants it to stop doing the aforementioned.
This is not what we would call civilized conduct, but your brain is wired around approaching this perfection. Now in the bad old days this meant hunting so you had shit to eat, looking good so the qt 3.14 apettes wanted to fuck you, and being good at flinging rocks and fighting so you didn't get bullied or eaten.

Nowadays you can achieve that state without doing anything, which again is not the best way to go about life, but that's what your brain and body want. Gym and all that jazz is replacement caveman activity for a caveman that needs it (because he did for millions of years and that's how his body works), but doesn't want it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.