[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this may seem slightly off topic but im curious... how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1440233500849.jpg (30 KB, 357x479) Image search: [Google]
1440233500849.jpg
30 KB, 357x479
this may seem slightly off topic but im curious...

how much of your own advice do you follow anon?

I was just presented with a scenario where i had to force myself to follow my own. it was a lot harder than i thought. honestly if i hadnt given the advice so many times i dont think i would have done it.

i almost made a thread asking for advice on it.
>>
A lot of people don't take their own advice, which in turn can help them gain more insight into the issues, which in turn leads them to offering more advice and insight on the issue.

Most of the time any kind of advice is because someone's fucked up in some way, shape, or form and learned from said fuck up.

All you can do is attempt to follow that advice yourself, and if it doesn't work, you think about alternative ways to make it work better.

Hopefully that made sense, lol.
>>
>>17348081
the hardest was to walk away from a 4 year relationship and we lived together but found out she fucked her boss. She begged and cried and I almost cracked but in the end took my own advise and balled up and ended it. On one hand felt like shit but on the other proud I held on to my dignity
>>
>>17348081
I've learned it's a lot easier to take a look from the outside and come to the right decision than to look at the situation internally and come to the same decision. Especially regarding relationships. Emotions get involved, things go to shit.
>>
>>17348145

i find that true, but i feel like if you do offer the advice often enough you should be able to see where to take it. in my case it was a very simply non issue. bu ti realized i was like everyone else.

getting worried over nothing, cuz whatevers going to happen is more or less ready to happen.

>>17348117

woof that one is rough, but im glad you took your own advice. i would have left the bitch to. that sucks anon but im glad you kept your dignity.

you are very much not a cock
>>
I usually follow the advice i truly believe.
Sometimes i give random advice i don't believe, because i'm socially retard, causing me to bug and say something random when all i wanted was to shut up. I try to follow those advices but it's much harder and i usually fail.
>>
>>17348192

how do you fail? in the sense that you dont try it, or you try it and it doesnt work for you?

most of hte advice i give i give from experience, but today i wa sthrown a bit of a 'curve ball' and though the outcome would be the same i was still intimidated.
>>
Typically I give advice knowing full well that it's way easier to say than do. That being said, I try to keep that in mind when I have to make a decision; that the decision I might want to take (because it's easier or because I feel more comfortable with it) is not necessarily the correct one. So all in all, I like to think I follow my own advice for the most part.
>>
>>17348194
Sometimes i try, sometimes i'm too overwhelmed to try.
Those advices are things i've heard before; i guess i just panic and say the first thing on my mind.
It's usually stuff vague like "just be yourself" but more related to the situation.
I hate those type of advices because it's just stuff people tell so they can say they helped and pet themselves on the back.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.