[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with being made fun of? I get being poked at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1371934177563.jpg (91 KB, 720x682) Image search: [Google]
1371934177563.jpg
91 KB, 720x682
How do you deal with being made fun of?

I get being poked at every now and then, everybody's the butt of the joke sometimes, and I don't mind that. But when every little thing you do gets laughed at. And then since you just try not to let it bother you, the people take it as a free ticket to do it more, and still act like they're your friends. Then they'll eventually start asking more and more personal questions, and act kind of weird when you redirect the conversation or answer vaguely. Like, why the hell would I tell you any personal information or something important to me when I know you're just going to laugh at it like a joke?

I'm stuck with these people for at least another year because of being in the same program as them, but I'm considering trying to get in a different clinical class as them. I don't know though, I like being around them most of the time, and they and people I've talked to about this have said they wouldn't make fun of me if they didn't like me. It just gets old sometimes.
>>
>>17348033
There are two ways to handle this situation:

>Continue not caring, but make it obvious from your attitude and gestures that their opinions don't mean shit

>Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Option two has more immediate results. Most of these types can't take what they dish out. They will definitely get pissy.
>>
>>17348090
so my options are to be either passive aggressive or just plain aggressive?
>>
>>17348159
Why not give a unrealistic(ridiculous) answer, so you can laugh along with them?
It would show others that you are big enough person(mature) to be able to make fun yourself.

You could also cry to gain their sympathy. So that they stop making fun of you.

Whatever you do, you should do something or you'll be pushed around your entire life.
>>
>>17348033
hit them
>>
File: 1437848893314.png (510 KB, 459x488) Image search: [Google]
1437848893314.png
510 KB, 459x488
>>17348615
i often do give ridiculous answers and that usually works, but i'm honestly not that quick witted. I am not crying

>>17348622
i'm not hitting them
>>
>>17348663
pussy
>>
File: 1454006954659.jpg (155 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1454006954659.jpg
155 KB, 720x960
>>17348698
>>I am not crying
>pussy

yea ok homo
>>
My step sister has harassed me in numerous ways for years. Most of the time I just internalize it and visualize myself butchering her corpse while I listen to music or play vidya. Sometimes I snap and say something sassy like "Was I fucking speaking to you?" or something. I really just hope she gets cancer and suffers a horrid, painful death so I can piss on her fucking grave and desecrate her fucking tombstone.
>>
>>17348765
if you weren't such a pussy you'd just rape and kill her
>>
>>17348782
That's the fun part, sight of her disgusts me I wouldn't even rape the whore. She deserves to be stuck like a fucking pig for the things she's said, but I won't be the one to bring her down. I have better things to do than sit in jail for killing something less than human.
>>
>>17348788
only the idiots get caught and thrown in jail dude
>>
>>17348663
Quick witted is a skill.
Skills are things you can improve upon.

Google it. Wikihow has a good page.

>>17348698
Douche-bag
>>
>>17348788
I haven't exactly been subtle to my psychiatrist, friends, and family about how much I hate this bitch and her mother. Wouldn't be a huge leap in logic for someone to figure things out.
>>
>>17348795
Meant for>>17348789
>>
>>17348795
witnesses are the least reliable evidence in court, you'd still have to be an idiot. all you need is probably doubt anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.