[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad for you (mental) health to have a waifu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Is it bad for you (mental) health to have a waifu?
>>
>>17347844
Depends. A simple anime-crush is one thing. Treating it as though it were the real thing is quite another. Using it to enable/excuse continued extreme social isolation is worst of all.
>>
>>17347844
No. Having a waifu is a symptom of poor mental health.
>>
I am asking because I am the most motivated to do things because of (actually "for") my waifu. Things like working out, being organized, cleaning, etc. On the other hand there is the problem that I know I'll never get to experience my love as a true relationship. I talk to her and fantasize we go on dates, and stuff, but at the end of the day I feel lonely and know that even though my love is true I'm lying to myself.
>>
>>17347853
I'm not going to specify my own case, but not all waifus are 2D.

Ricardo Lopez was the first waifuist and his waifu was Bjork, the singer, which is only 40% anime.
>>
>>17347844
Nope. Real women can't be trusted, so might as well create a wonderful life you and the waifu of your choice.
>>
I have been on 4chan for like 5 years, and I still don't quite understand what the fuck a waifu is.
>>
>>17348028
A fictional character that you're in love with. That's it.
>>
>>17348039
...how?
>>
>>17347844
It might be 4U in particular
>>
>>17348047
Such is life as a user of this god forsaken website

Some people are just really that far gone. I'm sure it started out as a joke, but we all know how that turns out.
>>
File: demin.jpg (359 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
demin.jpg
359 KB, 800x800
>>17348960
>I'm sure it started out as a joke, but we all know how that turns out
i don't know why but i lost pretty hard to that.

in my opinion, it's not the end of the world to have a waifu. but if you start to neglect searching for a real girl for her, then we have a problem. or if you start to hold real girls to waifu standarts (you can if you fit husbando standarts. we all know you don't). or, even worse, if you find a good girl and then neglect her for the waifu.
>>
File: 3DPD get out.webm (879 KB, 370x256) Image search: [Google]
3DPD get out.webm
879 KB, 370x256
>>17347844
It's the best thing you could possibly do to your mental health.

Real women just bring on all kinds of problems. You put up with an unending tide of bullshit, they drain you of money, free time and happiness and replace it all with stress, sadness and anger. Every moment and aspect of your life becomes a constant test and challenge of how well you can take care of and entertain her, with your own feelings and desires being thrown into the garbage. And all for what? Occasional access to what's basically a big fancy onahole, that judges you over your sexual performance and physical attractiveness and might give you an STD or unwanted child at any time.
>>
>>17347853
i think its fine as long as your waifu isnt like an actual person because that just creates a harmful unreal fantasy and can lead to a dangerous obsession. but i think if she a goddam cartoon its fine since she aint real.
i kinda agree with what >>17347853 says, don't let the obsession make you isolate yourself, cause you gotta have some friends and all that, but i do have a kind of a "waifu" who i know only truly exists in my mind, and she has been really helpful to me in quite a number of ways and i really love her a lot (i haven't really told this to any one of my irl friends yet so i just wanted to share here before i ever, if i do)
>>
>>17347844
As long as you don't let it reach levels of delusion imo, it should be ok. You simply have a celebrity crush.

Also Tippany is my waifu.
>>
>>17347844
Why would it?

Now there are many levels of "obsession", but generally being obsessed with anything isn't really smart choice. I know you're trying to fish for an answer that having a crush on a character that doesn't exist is sick, but realistically it doesn't really differ that much from having a crush with an artist or an actor, which are both really common and totally accepted by society.
>>
>>17349798
Hey normie, read the thread before replying.

1) I mention 3d waifus specifically, I'm not fishing like you said because I specifically said I'm not just talking about 2d.

2) Unlike you, I don't care what society thinks is OK. I care about what could be potentially harmful. Smoking is also accepted by society, doesn't mean it's good to you.

3) Why the fuck did you decide to leave reddit and come here? Back you go.
>>
File: 1468322600276.jpg (61 KB, 480x471) Image search: [Google]
1468322600276.jpg
61 KB, 480x471
>>17350108
>Using a trip and complaining about post quality
Aside that, your ad hominem: the post is kind of shitty, but I'll take the bait.
>2) Unlike you, I don't care what society thinks is OK. I care about what could be potentially harmful. Smoking is also accepted by society, doesn't mean it's good to you.
If you don't care about society standards, why does this thread exist? Mental illnesses are stigmatized by the society, so if you really don't care, why would you care about any "harmful" side-effects? It's not like having waifu will somehow cause physical side effects that could be classified as objectively "harmful", so every possible occurring effect will be mental and stigmatized only in eyes of the society as they "break the norm".

Aside that, it's absolutely ridiculous you attack against a post that mentions "society" as that's definitely a part of the shit flinging on waifufront, and expect no one will bring this up even if you haven't actually set any clear scope of discussion for the topic in question.

In this light the entire premise of this thread is really bad. I know /adv/ is kind of special board but goddammit you are the biggest and most aggressive retard I've seen in a while. Hope having waifu will give you cancer as that's what you're obviously afraid of.
>>
>>17349798
>>17350154
Because not caring abot what society thinks of you doesn't equal not caring about your physical and mental health, retard.
Also, you relly think mental illnesses don't translate into physical symptoms? LMAO, you might actually be clinically retarded.
>>
>>17347844

Yes
>>
>>17350283
>LMAO
I remember you mentioned me something about reddit your last post, didn't you?
>Also, you really think mental illnesses don't translate into physical symptoms?
Name me the physical effects that having waifu causes. Unless you can, your argument is completely empty.

Have fun digging trough wikipedia or whatever fun and super factual site you pseudo intellectual kids nowadays use.
>>
>>17350154
>It's not like having waifu will somehow cause physical side effects that could be classified as objectively "harmful"

I beg to differ. Most people I've encountered, mostly on this site, who have waifus, have a skewed perception of reality and understanding of how real women actually are. By having a waifu you're creating this false reality of what you think/want women to be like, I agree with what someone else said in this thread, this whole thing probably started as a joke but then people took it seriously and people who have waifus now shy away from enhancing their social skills and talk down to real women by calling them "3DPD" like an insult...An example being "All 3DPD are whores, at least my waifu will never cheat on me" and they arrive to this conclusion after reading stories of how someone got cheated on and they can then convince themselves that they don't need any social interaction with other people and this develops side effects such as anxiety which is a clear physical side effect.
>>
ITT: 3DPD Succubi try to lure men back into their trap because they can't stand the thought of a male wallet that's not being drained 24/7 for the benefit of some manipulative lying woman
>>
>>17350319
Most of the effects you describe are not even physical in nature. Concerning anxiety, you have to realize the context of the discussion with the other anon: anon claims he does not care about social pressure, and the anxiety you describe is absolutely social in nature, thus making the point invalid in the context.

Personally I agree with most of the points you presented, but it doesn't really give that much to the conversation on hand.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.