[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in the basement of my mother's house (a full apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 43794360_p30_master1200.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
43794360_p30_master1200.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
I live in the basement of my mother's house (a full apartment - bedroom/bathroom/livingroom/kitchen )

She told me that she wants to turn the living room into a bedroom so she can put my brother downstairs with me.

I was told to move all my furniture from my bedroom to the living room so we can work on my room first.

It's been 6 months. Nothing has happened.

I have off 3 days a week and I want to redo the room myself but she is against it. All I need to do is cut down a piece of drywall - I don't even need to put drywall up, add baseboard molding and install the rug. I have the money for it. I have the time for it. She will not let me do it. She is completely against it and wants to call a professional so I won't fuck up.

I also do not have any way of getting materials from Home Depot to my home.

Should I just start cutting the wall down anyway?

I don't even have the tools for it.

At this point, buying the tools and the rug/boards/sanding equipment ,etc. will cost the same as having a mexican doing it.

What can/should I do? I'd like to have a rug, and an electrical outlet that isn't inside of a closet.
>>
>>17346918
No.

Sounds like classic women."i am gonna do this." Months later it isn't done. but if you do it you will get shit for it.
>>
Just relax and wait until everyone in the house is ready. It sounds like an idea that has faded except for with you.
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (6 KB, 132x118) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
6 KB, 132x118
>>17346927
this is exactly what it is. my mother has always been like this.

we kicked out my father almost 10 years ago , so it's not like he's around to help us. it's pretty much whenever my mother wants to do it.

which is never.

hell, she still hasn't filed for divorce and it's been 10 years he's out of the house.

>>17346928
my mother was screaming at me last night asking me "HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT!!!!" - talking about how my furniture is randomly spread out in the living room.

I mean, it's her fault. She told me she wanted me to start moving my stuff out and that we would start working on the room in early spring. Summer is half over already and still nothing.

She threatened to kick me out because she's "had it" with how "messy" everything is.

but its literally furniture just arranged in a U shape around the living room. Still plenty of room to walk around. I don't even go in the living room at all. I'm in my bedroom all day pretty much.
>>
please respond
>>
>>17346947
Your mom is kicking you out like a boss whos not allowed to fire people.
>>
>>17346918
>What can/should I do?
You can move out
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.