[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a girlfriend who has gave me a lot of red flags; but nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (65 KB, 177x231) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65 KB, 177x231
I have a girlfriend who has gave me a lot of red flags; but nothing seems wrong in our relationship; so I'm worried I'm just self-sabotaging something good because I have a moral high ground.

Some things she's done include

>left an "open relationship" with an old room mate for me, to be in a relationship

>wouldn't put her status on social media we were dating for months until just recently, said because "her mother can be snoopy and cruel"

>at one point said she was having trouble committing to the relationship fully because of an old partner who had passed away in an accident, but went back on this and apologized later

>small little lies sometimes, seemingly about nothing important. Small things she did that are meaningless, even though I WATCHED her do something else.

> I caught her ex-room mate sending her a heart on her cell during a vacation. She said she told him this was inappropriate and I had taken her word for it, even though she was supposed to block off all contact.

Besides this, she is essentially the most giving and polite person i have met. She's always taking us on road trips, or planning huge trips together. She swears she is earnest to me and wants to be together hopefully until we're old. From my perspective it seems like wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars over the course of a relationship you're emotionally manipulating would make no sense.

However, I'm not so sure how serious I should take her after these things. I would like to believe her, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

These are nearly the only issues I've had in two years. Do I have a reason to be paranoid? Or are these things reasonable?
>>
I'll just repeat what I told you in the other thread: how about you worry less about this bs and worry more about being the best boyfriend to her.

Also, do you even know what emotional abuse means?
>>
>>17346887
I didn't see that you replied and you are right!

I'm going to do my best. It's just something that's been in the back of my mind but I usually figure it's nothing.

Thank you!
>>
>>17346894
Do you get to see her cell sometimes?
>>
>>17346898
No, never. When I did see her ex's message I happened to be sitting right beside her.

I'd never try to break any boundaries of privacy purposefully
>>
>>17346904
That's not the point. A red flag would be her hiding her phone from you, never leaving you alone with it. Her not letting you see it. The question is not whether you want to see it, but if you're allowed to whenever you'd like to.
>>
>>17346914
Come to think of it, when we sit at Denny's or whatever (kek I know) we both look at science stuff on her phone; although she's never really talking to anyone at those times (she does at night time alone).

She also takes her phone when she goes to shower; but she likes to listen to music I guess.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.