[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating with long work hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: happy_rhino_by_ammut88-d2z0sto.jpg (108 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
happy_rhino_by_ammut88-d2z0sto.jpg
108 KB, 900x600
/adv/, I move to a different city to start work in a couple of weeks and just got my rota. I'm looking at it and wondering how I'm going to meet someone and start a serious relationship with my hours

55 hours a week is the standard week, but roughly once a month I have to work 12 days straight, covering 132 hours
Every now and again they have to throw me a few days off by law
On top of that, I'd put a 50% chance of me moving again in two years time

Has anyone got any past experience to share?
>>
wait 2 years. LDRs that start in meatspace don't last, and finding a partner who's going to quit their job to follow you is going to be nigh impossible. You're just gonna have your heart broken.
>>
>>17346734
Yeah, I'd certainly put waiting on top of a LDR

The complicated thing about finding someone who will follow me is that it's not certain, and actually my wage alone would be over twice the average by then... But I guess money isn't everything
>>
>>17346730

i think the issue here is you are 'looking' for a serious relationship with a girl you havent even met yet.

the chances are you wont be able to meet anyone. but why not just put yourself out there by going out and doing things you enjoy on your nights and days off, and just seeing what the world brings to you. if you can meet a girl and you want to take her on dates, do it.

stop worrying about whether or not this imaginary girl will last the two years.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.