[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to work >go home Anyone else do this? I seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1456914828273s.jpg (8 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1456914828273s.jpg
8 KB, 250x187
>go to work
>go home

Anyone else do this?

I seriously don't go out unless I have to. I love being comfortable, and I'm comfortable in my home.

My girlfriend hates it, and wishes we'd do more stuff out of the house, but I'm perfectly content.

It's like, 100+ outside, and airconditioned inside.

I've got a big screen, a big comfy couch, my computer, my bed, my food, everything. I work hard, and put money into making my house even more comfortable for me, why do the majority of people I meet find it odd.

All the time at work, I'm asked "What'd you do this weekend" And, everytime I tell them "Nothing" And, they're always so shocked, except the few times they're like "yeah, we all gotta do that every once in awhile I guess"

I don't know what the fuck these people are doing, but it sounds like a lot of bullshit I'd rather not be doing.
>>
>>17346610

Every once in a while, yeah, but as my default routine? No, that'd be awful and boring. I can only consume so much media of other people living their lives. I want to be out building my own narrative, talking to others about life, experiencing new foods and drinks and sights and smells and everything the world has to offer.

But yeah, yesterday I spent the entire day in bed watching movies, and today I'm working from home and plan to stay max comfy. Every once in a while that's needed.
>>
>>17346622
I don't know, like I used to be an avid go getter, from 17-22 I did a lot of self exploration. Months spent on the road, partying, getting drunk, doing drugs. And, I lost that drive completely. I have a been there done that mentality, and have no want in life except to be comfortable.

My boss asked me what I wanted out of my career last year, and I told him "I'd just like to retire." with a chuckle.
>>
>>17346610
Well as a kid I was mostly outside with friends, and now living the complete opposite of that I do miss it, but I still like sitting home playing a good game or watching a good movie. It's just a matter of preference.
>>
>>17346610
Yeah, most of the people like to go out and do alot of stupid shit... I can't see the point in that either. I have the same problem with gf, that being the only shit that doesn't work for us.
I'd say, if you feel comfortable at home, that's perfect. I can 100% understand you, but you should also do something with your gf from time to time.
>>
I do that too. Well not anymore because I lost my job, so I basically just stay home now. I only leave the house if I have to go visit relatives or if I need something from the store.
>>
>>17346709
We do, I'd say at least every other weekend we go out to eat at a place that isn't a drive-thru. We also do dates still once in awhile.

But, I still feel like some creepy introverted serial killer sometimes with how outgoing everyone else I know is.
>>
>>17346610

i am pretty active as of late. i play dodgeball on sundays, i go to anime parties (or throw anime parties) host movie nights, go out hunting in pokemon go, etc.

but that was a recent thing.

in my opinion if you're comfortable and happy, be comfortable and ahppy. maybe you could invest in a bit more activity at home so it doesnt sound so much like 'nothing'.

even when i am a homebody i tend to be working really hard on special projects like things i film etc.
>>
people who are out all the time end up wanting to stay home

people who stay home all the time end up wanting to be out

I've experienced this back and forth a lot of time in my life actually
>>
>>17346647

All well and good, I suppose... I just think that worlds are opened to you as you get older that weren't there when I was 17-22. Like, now I can actually go out to nice places, instead of smoking in a parking lot and going to Wendy's.

I've had to learn to not be so judgmental of people who are perfectly happy with simple lives, but man, it always just makes me think they're going to end up on their death bed one day and wish they had done more with their lives.

Keep doing what you want, but if this situation were reversed and you were a girl in my life, I'd dump you for being boring.
>>
>>17346777

trips dont lie desu.

while introverts and extroverts exist, we all need to recharge doing both.

too much inside time makes me want to go out
now ive spent too much time out and just want to stay on 4chan for a month.

some people are more extreme. most are more towards the middle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.