[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 254x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 254x213
Anyone here have eating issues?

I went to Afghanistan in 2011, a few months before we returned to the US, I noticed that my appetite was lacking. Once I returned to the states I started having bad cramping and GI pain. I reported the issues and went to the hospital and underwent a Endoscopy and a Colonoscopy. The doctors didn't find any cause for my problems. They said to them, everything looks healthy and normal. for the last few years the cramping has gone away. But my appetite is still pretty low. For example, I can't eat very much solid food within 3 hours or so of waking up. More or less, within that time frame, the most I could put down is 1 egg. If I try to stuff more down, I feel REALLY full, and it feels as if my throat closed off and like there is a physical wall preventing more from going down.Much later in the day I can consume more.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas. Because the doctors said they have no medical explanation.
>>
Sounds psychological. Is there some reason you wouldn't be eating?

Does something disgust you?
Are you generally fit or worried about your health?

Cramping can come from not eating or drinking enough

/fit/ might be a good board too
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17346612

Could it be a psychological reaction from stress when I was overseas? It was years ago tho, like I said the cramping is gone now. But even eating 3 of these Donut holes is very filling to me, and I only woke up 2 hours ago.

even food I like its hard to finish. I feel embarrassed a lot when I go out with friends and eat. hell... One time I went on a date with a girl, and we got lunch together, I couldn't even touch my food. I had 1 bite and felt full. I tried to force food down but actually started choking because my body was telling me I was full to the rim even tho I actually wasn't. It was super embarrassing.

As far as health goes, to a doctor, I'm healthy. I'm 25 years old, don't get sick like ever, I'm skinny, but not dangerously skinny. I'm 5ft 11in 145lbs. I exercise and can do physical tasks ok. just, eating can be a chore, and I would like to put on more weight, but it's impossible with my appetite.
>>
>>17346597
Diet change
stress
digestive system maturing
Parasites
thyroid
Anorexic
plethora of eating disorders
Food sensitivity.

I underwent something similar to you when i was in my late 20's Cramping so bad i lost consciousness. Could only eat white rice and eggs. Did all the test you did and all came back normal. I had to slowly reintroduce complex foods into my diet from scratch otherwise i felt bloated and sick. took me about 2 years to be able to eat greasy food again. Take your time.
>>
>>17346687

As I said, the doctors found nothing medically wrong with me. I have pictures of the inside of my stomach, my whole GI trac, and my asshole.. And nothing is wrong
>>
Psychological.

See a psychiatrist.

Ask for appetite-boosting pills in the meantime. There are specific ones. Alternatively, you could take an antidepressant with appetite-boosting side effects basically forever.

But really, see a psychiatrist.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.