[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If an SO promises to change their shitty behavior, and it seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 960x960
If an SO promises to change their shitty behavior, and it seems so raw and genuine, should you give them a chance or flee?
>>
Give them a chance. It doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman -

If they think you're worth it they will change. Although, being open about your intention to break up over shifty behavior should be brought up.

Be caring, but stern for what you think makes a healthy relationship.
>>
>>17346544
That's what my heart is telling me, but friends disagree. Ultimately it is my choice, though
>>
How shitty was the shotty behavior and what steps are they taking to change? It's really common for people not to give a shit until you're about to leave, then they get desperate and reel you back in with promises to change, but always revert to how they used to be
>>
>>17346555
What IS the shitty behavior?

Sometimes people can be silly, or make mistakes irrationally, but if it is something that hurts you, it can be counted as abuse.
>>
>>17346590
>>17346593
I caught my bf talking/flirting with another person online and they'd talk on the phone occasionally. I saw their messages, he chatted with her online and had an ldr with her several years ago before we got together. He never seemed to initiate the conversation from what I read, but continued it. She knows of me through social media and expressed a clear disdain for me through messaging him. We broke up yesterday. He came back saying that he knew he completely fucked up. First time I'd ever seen my bf cry.

He deleted all social media, showed me he blocked the girl from his phone, and asked if that was enough for me to take him back. Along with asking that I reearn his trust and stuff.
>>
>>17346655
I could not live with a man who treated me so disrespectfully.

>expressed clear disdain for me
>yet he did not shut her down

That is all I need to know what exactly my bf thinks is ok, that he would let another woman trash talk his love, and not do anything about it. It took you to leave him for him to realize he f'd up. Talking to another woman and flirting with her are pretty basic things even a kid knows a bad shouldn't do. Sure he seems regretful now, because he wanted his cake and eat it too, lost his in-house vagina pretty much,and you're not even married to him. So why put up with this. I guarantee he will do it again because you taking him back tells him that it's ok to do a shitty thing as long as he cries about it until you take him back.
>>
>>17346655
I'm currently dating a girl who had an ex send her a heart when we were in the middle of vacation

I took her word that she said it was bad behavior, she told him to cut it out, but it still makes me wonder why she hadn't broke up contact earlier; or if it was just him being a sad sack.

If you caught him hurting you, you'll have to leave him because he's not ready for a relationship.

If he's honest and makes amends to please you because he knows what he's doing is wrong; then I think it's okay.

You just need to know when you're being too accepting in the end. Make sure you have your own lines that will never be crossed by him and tell him.
>>
>>17346823
When he asked for me to take him back, I said trust needed to be re-earned. That I'm not going to stand for this scenario ever again and if he truly wants to be with me, then all this stops now, not even a single fuck up. Right now feels like a limbo period. I want to be together but want to see if he'll keep his word instead of jumping back into the relationship head over heels
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.