[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: beck.jpg (7 KB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
beck.jpg
7 KB, 298x224
So I am in the radio business, I am only 22-years-old and have only worked at stations next to my hometown(which is a pretty small town). A guy I knew offered me my second radio job, it didn't pay well but this is only my 3rd week.

Long story short, because of some connections I made I got offered a way nicer job in Chicago to do radio there. The deal is obviously way better(but out of my comfort zone) and I don't know how to handle it. What are some good ways to put your two weeks in? I have always had a thing for disappointing people and I know I would for the friend that got me the job here locally. I just need to follow my dream and not get stuck in this dead end place.
>>
Watch Private Parts for some more motivation.

But, remember your life is always going to be about what benefits you the most, and if you further your career, get more money in your pocket, and move on to bigger and greater things, you've got to take it.

If you need to put your two weeks in, just do simply that "Hey boss, I got an offer I don't think you can top. So, I gotta jump on it, here's my two weeks"
>>
This sounds like an incredible experience !!

Dude just go for it and don't be afraid in the least. People like me sit and imagine in the morning how much fun this could be.

Then living in a new huge city to explore because of your new job?!
Holy fuck.
>>
>>17346431

Tell them you're really sorry but you got an insane opportunity and you have to take it. Make sure to let them know that you're really appreciative that they hired you (if that's true.)

Also hand them a succinct typed, signed letter that states just your intention to quit and your last day.
>>
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, but I grew up in a one horse town(on a horse farm, really, more than one horse though) and I would love to see the rest of America, especially in the city.

Most people in my town die where they were born, I don't think that's for me. Thanks senpai, wish I'll post back again maybe someday and link you to it.
>>
Also, I have never seen Private Parts. It looks good, of course I know some of Stern's story but I guess my two biggest radio inspirations were Opie and Anthony and Glenn Beck(though I dislike him now)
>>
>>17346478
It's hilarious. I hadn't seen it since I young, but like 6 months ago it popped up on Netflix and i remembered just how good it was re-watching it then.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.