[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope/deal with/move on from the death of a lover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: lost_love_by_rave_heart-d5gdug0.jpg (190 KB, 922x866) Image search: [Google]
lost_love_by_rave_heart-d5gdug0.jpg
190 KB, 922x866
How do you cope/deal with/move on from the death of a lover? It's been twelve years since my fiance passed and I still don't think I could ever love anyone else. And it's not like I haven't tried, hell I just recently ended a relationship of two years with another woman because I didn't really feel the same connection as I had before. Or will I just kinda feel like this forever?
>>
Sounds like you never got proper closure. See a counselor that can help you dig up what unfinished business you had with your ex lover that still bothers you 12 years after her passing.
>>
>>17345926
You're definitely right there, a professional would be much better than coming to /adv. I've just never really had time or money for something like that.
I don't know if closure is the issue though. I've accepted it and gotten over loss as much as you really can get over loss, it's just not being able to find the same feeling of love from anyone else.
>>
>>17345944
It's closure.

Maybe your idea of "i've accepted it" is just forcing yourself not to think about it, bury it deep within you. A lot of us do that at first so we can stop crying every time sometihnf reminds us of the person we lost. Then we just never address it.

If you had proper closure, you wouldn't keep comparing new relationships to your past one. It would just be in your past. In order to move you, save some money and see a counselor for help with this, we can't help you over posts like this. You need to have a face to face conversations with someone that has experience in this subject and can guide you.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.