[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
job switching: in search of happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
hello fellow anons,

i had to quit my job 2 months ago because it was dragging me into a deep depression spiral and i needed to get away from the toxic people/company.

i´m a trained IT-Systems Engineer but the work-field is not really for me because in IT things change on a monthly basis and you always have to be up 2 date, plus you spend all day in front of a fucking screen.

are there some among you who experienced almost the same as me and also tried their luck in other areas in search for happiness?
don´t really care about making big bucks, i just wanna sustain my lifestyle which is not that expensive so i can keep my car/apartment have some money for food left and a few games or music here and there.
>>
I worked management for years and it sucked the fucking life out of me. I couldn't really eat or sleep or find enjoyment in anything. I quit that shot in December and have been living off savings since then - obviously this isn't possible for a lot of people, but in this time j have been writing and writing and writing, with aspirations of being a novelist.
The fulfilment and enjoyment I have gained from this has honestly kept me alive. If you aren't fulfilled in life, you aren't living. There will be times where all of us will have to be unfulfilled - obviously I will not be able to live on my savings forever - but you must find a purpose and Persue it as much as you possibly can
>>
get a piece of paper, figure out

Ideal living:
>rent
>monthly food expenses
>monthly utilities, phone, gas, insurance, etc expenses
>monthly leisure expenses
>total: T1
>add 50% to T1, meant for savings
>you get your total monthly cost of living

Look for jobs that hit at least that minimum.
>>
>>17345933
we have social security here so i can take some time off with the "disadvantage" of living on life sustain mode with my expenses.
i really can focus on making music more and the time off really gave me energy and teached me about myself in ways i would have never imagined
i got so much stuff done regarding my hobbies for which i never had energy at my old job, it was just exhausting mentally

it showed me what i missed out at my last job, came home without energy to make music, had dinner, played some games or watched some tv and then hit the sheets - repeat 24/7

now i have so many possibilities open and can do whatever i want if i get a chance from someone which is a very satisfying feeling
my family didn´t understand the move i took because quitting without a new job lined up is very risky but i researched a bit and many people say you have to do it or else you could really end up as a mental case - kinda

what´s a bit scary though - will i get a chance from someone to try something new?
that´s a fear always sitting in the back of my head - how would you deal with that?

>>17345939
will do that, thanks man
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.