[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a job as a shutin with paralyzing social anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: ful.png (46 KB, 174x238) Image search: [Google]
ful.png
46 KB, 174x238
How do I get a job as a shutin with paralyzing social anxiety? The people I live with don't deserve to have a burden. they are good people. Please help me, I am not that smart.
>>
>>17345691

>guys how do i ge ta job when im pretty much completely normal but use exaggerated terms to make it sound like im legitimately handicapped

by applying
>>
>>17345699
>lets just try to psycho analysis a person who is atleast putting in effort by asking help, let alone make assumptions based on one statement.
>I must be clever typing apply because clearly that isn't the most obvious thing.
>>
>>17345729

>GIVE ME ADVICE THAT I WONT TAKE

no.

>STOP GENEARLIZING ME WITH ASSUMOTIONS!!1!

maybe give us real information instead of three sentences to go off of :D
>>
>>17345691

>Paralyzing Social Anxiety

Well, I presume you have no education pass high school, no job experience, and probably well into your 20s, Am I close?
>>
Best thing to do now Anon is become a cashier. Remember, if they don't complain you're fine.
>>
>>17345735
Why do you act like i haven[t even fucking applied is the point and its making me upset. im gonna just leave if you aren't actually going to help me, just say. I am terrified to go outside alone, I am not trying to have a pity party, I go to therapy, I don't need some anon to try analyse me, I am asking for help to be a better person for my friends and family.
>>17345748
Don't you have to be able to talk to people. and like look them in the eyes for those kind of jobs though?
>>
>>17345741
Yeah, You're right. I hope that isn't bad.
>>
>>17345756

What fucking advice are we gonna give you? What can we say that a therapist won't or hasn't already said?

I can see why you're stuck, and haven't made any progress.

>"I DON'T NEED ANONS TRYING TO ANALYZE ME, now help me guise... im scared... please... i can't go outside alone... please guise..."

You're gonna be fucking stuck until you learn that there are bigger problems out in the real world, than looking at someone in the eye.
>>
>>17345756
Oh, good point Anon. Janitor maybe? Don't think you have to have any social interactions with anyone, other than the people who tell you to clean stuff.
>>
>>17345758

Oh it's not bad, but the only kind of job you're getting is customer service... and well... you're kind of fucked in that department. The jobs that take people with your job expertise, always have to do with customers. Fast Food, Retail, etc.

You can try to get a job that let's you work from home, but even then, that's gonna be hard as fuck, and although you won't be working with people face to face, you're gonna deal with people.

See a pattern here? You're always going to have to deal with people. In everything. Your boss. Your co-workers. Your customers. There's no way around it.

Either you work towards beating this problem, or well... you're gonna be fucked.
>>
>>17345764
If you were actually trying to help me, thanks. I don't think you are though, I think you are just being clueless or rude. So I am not replying to you, unless I see reason.

>>17345771
Yeah, I did apply for both Day and Night Janitor positions, one with staffing groups the other with like a local buisness but they never replied.
>>17345778
I get that I have to people. I don't get why people don't understand I am not deluded to this, I am trying to be a better person and work, I am going to therapy. Everytime I ask for help, It just turns to try harder and I am already trying really hard.
>>
>>17345786
Glad to hear you at least applied to a job, Anon. I suggest waiting a max of 3 days maybe? If you don't happen to get a reply yet, send another application. If you can that is.
>>
>>17345790
Yeah, i waited two weeks and sent in another. I even called some places actually, Which doesn't seem like much but it is.
>>
>>17345796
Goodness, Anon. I am all out of ideas now.
>>
>>17345806
that doesn't make me feel hopeful,
>>
>>17345691
Internet job? Aged care worker?
>>
>>17345813
I am sorry Anon, it's difficult to think of jobs that don't seem too difficult to do. And jobs that don't require you talking to people.
>>
>>17345818
i tried but I kept falling into scams on the internet and I was scared i was gonna give my identity away. I could work with old people but that requires training.
>>
Overnight stocker at Walmart or some kind of grocery store. The bar is so low, the floor's the limit. You could be legitimately retarded and get that job. And very little to no social requirements.
>>
>>17345848
Thank you, I will call my local walmart.
>>
>>17345848
not OP but is this a position they have at basically every grocery store? specifically overnight?
>>
>>17345691
Look for nightshift jobs. Odds are you're never going to find something you can 100% alone while working but you can probably find something at night where you don't have to interact with customers or anything and only have a few coworkers.

Thats how I managed.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.