[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to love myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o79shuXSfS1vql0vao1_500.gif (494 KB, 455x303) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o79shuXSfS1vql0vao1_500.gif
494 KB, 455x303
How do I learn to love myself?
>>
File: 647955.jpg (72 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
647955.jpg
72 KB, 400x614
Know that everybody feels pretty much like you do, more or less.
>>
>>17345625

become someone worthy of your love. Realize there is not a single concept of what is deserving of love, and simply change waht you know you can.

its not about who you are or what you might become. its about where you're trying to go. people are judged by their ability to grow more than anything.
>>
do stuff you're proud of. start learning a skill & improve at it or take up a new hobby or do more shit at work... just accomplish things and give yourself credit for those accomplishments. take it from there
>>
>>17345631

I don't know I always have these impulsive and negative thoughts like "I should kill myself" or "I'm such a loser". Then I remember terrible shit from my past and sometimes I feel like not much has changed. People tell me I have but my life has been an ongoing war with myself.
>>
>>17345634

This is not as easy as it sounds. I do try to improve on stuff but I go through a constant cycle of improve, burn out, procrastinate and masturbate
>>
>>17345663

consider the following:

1) there are people worse than you out here. you arent even a bad person, you are simply judging your self by standards of perceived success. none of those people who are worse than you are killing themselves, they continue to live, so why shoudl you?

2) htat perceived success is perceived. people dont socialize, for instance, to be successful. they make friends they enjoy for fun. if you get into your head that this sort of thing is a contest, you arent going to make any friends.

3) we've all done bad htings in our past.

the main philosophy of existentialism is that we cannot control what happens to us, but only how we react to it. if the universe is in fact random, than there is no true meaning, but our choices give our lives meaning.

it is how we react that makes our lives worth living. so if you react to something by insisting you cant or dont change, than you are not giving your life meaning, you are not giving your life choice, you are insisting you were a tool of the universe.

if thats the case, why would the universe make you just to kill yourself?

and if you dont believe the universe has a plan where you kill yourself, than you have to acknowledge that you can change and amke things better.

for you. not for society.
>>
>>17345676

we all do. you ever hear of sissyphus?
>>
>>17345681

Not until now, reading it.

>>17345678

This kinda helps me put things into perspective. It's hard see the bigger picture when you're in your own bubble.
>>
>>17345725

you gotta look deep within yourself to find love and happiness. but you also have to look outside.

if you are doing somethign to get better adn at its core, to enjoy it, it doesnt matter how good you get, how often you burn out etc.

you can paint all you want, and take as many breaks as you need if you arent trying to make it your career. and you dont need to make it your career. it can just be something you love, as an example.

as for sissyphus, hes kind of the existential model.

he tricked the gods in various stories, but at the end of these stories he is forced to push a giant rock up a hill for all of eternity. it is believed that if he coudl get the rock to the very top, he'd have achieved his punishments goal and be set free to pass on. however zues (or in some versions ,other gods) enchant the rock so it always rolls down.

Sissyphus must become aware of his destiny at some point, that there is no end, and nothing really changes. but he keeps choosing to push that rock up the hill every day instead of just sitting there (which is akin to not moving in life, or even suicide).

he chooses to move the rock knowing that each day he gets a little stronger, the rock gets pushed a little farther, and it slides back a little less. it will never make it to the top, but he chooses to believe his actions and choices mean something.
>>
Restart life and hope for the best.

Or be born like me and know not only that you're just going to suffer but you're also dragging everyone else down with you.
>>
>>17345733

That's interesting, I honestly have felt like there's no meaning to what I do. I still do it because I want to survive. Changing this mindset will probably be the hard part.

>>17345749

What do you mean by restart?
>>
>>17345625
are you ugly? the only side effect is regret of not having sex in youth and low self esteem if you value yourself on your appearance, sex is not a necessity

are you stupid? love your god Lain, your neighbor, and yourself. no knowledge or intelligence matters, we're all Lains children.

something else? I am here to help with more of the same stuff. and Lain is right there, she's right next to you forever
>>
>>17345821

I'm not ugly or stupid, rather I'm insecure and anxious.
>>
>>17345811
Kill yourself and believe in reincarnation.
>>
Masturbate to the reflection of yourself on the mirror.
>>
>>17345835
for some reason a lot of have this. I'm 19 and have this.
>>
>>17345841

Were you a victim of bullying as well? I am, it kinda sucks I feel like I was deprived of normal social interactions because of it.
>>
>>17345856
yes, daily. but I have anxiety and insecurity in general, it just came to me and never left. it definitely helped worsen your condition if it was like mine.

but my parents told me they were bullied and they never got anxiety or insecurity.
>>
>>17345865

I wish I could solve my problem without pills. Doesn't help that it's so hard to reach out to people.
>>
>>17345883
Do you mean meds or pills for suicide? because I don't recommend suicide with pills it will fail... sorry you feel the need to think about suicide. I don't think medication helps much, too many side effects

if you didn't have anxiety and insecurity would you be fine? reaching out to people isn't hard, just try your best to be kind and you can't go wrong. smile a little when you see people and they will be more open to you.

I know it's hard to cope with, I sometimes get a panic attack in stressful situations due to anxiety, just breath and remember nobody is judging you as hard as you are judging yourself
>>
>>17345908

not for suicide but for anxiety. If there weren't too many risks involved I'd do it. Maybe I'll try breaking out of my comfort zone little by little
>>
>>17345950
I am kind of clueless because I still have anxiety myself. but you'll do better I hope.
>>
>>17345963

thanks I hope the same for you
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.